Creative Alternatives to Ziplock Bags for Daily Amount?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrsower

Lurker
Jun 13, 2020
Southeast United States
I’m wondering if anyone has come up with a creative option for a small amount of tobacco that isn’t the usual ziplock bag option.

I can put a small amount in a baggie and if I don’t use it that day and just leave it but it I go a couple of days the smell will start to permeate my backpack. It just seeps out of the bag.

So I’m wondering if anyone has used something else that is more airtight? I’m thinking like a very small Pelican case or old school film canister type idea.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I use a tobacco pouch. They are readily available at the online retailers. Mine is some kind of fabric, coated on the inside with a flexible food-grade plastic. However, the pouch rolls up and is not airtight. I don't mind if it smells like unsmoked tobacco... I like that smell puffy
Roll up pouches like this are the absolute best option IMO. They also help to dry the tobacco since they aren't airtight which I like.

Jrsower

Lurker
Jun 13, 2020
Southeast United States
Roll up pouches like this are the absolute best option IMO. They also help to dry the tobacco since they aren't airtight which I like.
I hadn’t thought of that before now. Good point.

So my next question would be: if it sat in a tobacco pouch that isn’t air tight for, say, a week. Would the tobacco be too dry to smoke at that point?

My pipes can’t really be planned out due to work and other schedules. It may be one a week and sometimes one every three weeks. Just depends.

Thanks.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I hadn’t thought of that before now. Good point.

So my next question would be: if it sat in a tobacco pouch that isn’t air tight for, say, a week. Would the tobacco be too dry to smoke at that point?

My pipes can’t really be planned out due to work and other schedules. It may be one a week and sometimes one every three weeks. Just depends.

Thanks.
I only put in the pouch what I plan to smoke in a day or two. Keep the rest in the tin or jar.

it’s more for leaving home with some to smoke. Otherwise I’d just dry what I wanted out of the jar on a tray.

Reactions: kurtbob and Jrsower

SoddenJack

Can't Leave
Apr 19, 2020
West Texas
What about a small jar, like a baby food jar or 4oz Ball jar?

Snus canister might work if you want to get something fancier...this one doubles as a fidget spinner
A0B4C156-984D-49FE-9DC2-042AA277F123.jpeg

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I use cleaned and sanitized baby food jars. Or just ziplocs when fragile won’t fly.

I’ve also heard of people using film canisters, mini tupperwares, etc.

Reactions: BROBS

F4RM3R

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 28, 2019
Canada
The small size square tobacco tins like the capstan or bold Kentucky one work for me. Film canisters are good for a small amount.

Reactions: Casual and BROBS
Status
Not open for further replies.