Creative Alternatives to Ziplock Bags for Daily Amount?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
I use my emptied shaving cream containers. These work great and are pretty much indestructible.
View attachment 39611
Good re-use idea - every little helps the planet!
I use empty pipe tobacco packets for loose tobacco and storing clay pipes that have been smoked.
I won't be reusing the bubble wrap Marconi wrapped my baccy in when I next sell books etc, don't want the to stink of pipe baccy!
When I sell books, CDs / DVDs etc online, I always re-use packaging from parcels I've had delivered, bubble wrap, carrier bags etc. It all adds up!

Mar 13, 2020
missouri
Good re-use idea - every little helps the planet!
I use empty pipe tobacco packets for loose tobacco and storing clay pipes that have been smoked.
I won't be reusing the bubble wrap Marconi wrapped my baccy in when I next sell books etc, don't want the to stink of pipe baccy!
When I sell books, CDs / DVDs etc online, I always re-use packaging from parcels I've had delivered, bubble wrap, carrier bags etc. It all adds up!
Halfdan Green-man

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
This looks like a 21st Century Popeye!
It reminds me of the Superman anti-smoking adverts:
The reasons I think cigarette smokers should change to a pipe is it isn't as bad for you and you wouldn't get the stub ends. During my litter picking I find enough discarded cigarette butts to fill my pipe a million times (FIGURE OF SPEECH ONLY - CIGARETTES ARE DISGUSTING, FILTHY, MISCHIEVOUS LITTLE SPRITES)!

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
This looks like a 21st Century Popeye!
It reminds me of the Superman anti-smoking adverts:
The reasons I think cigarette smokers should change to a pipe is it isn't as bad for you and you wouldn't get the stub ends. During my litter picking I find enough discarded cigarette butts to fill my pipe a million times (FIGURE OF SPEECH ONLY - CIGARETTES ARE DISGUSTING, FILTHY, MISCHIEVOUS LITTLE SPRITES)!
Haha never saw these in the US!!

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
<< Snipped bits out >>
So my next question would be: if it sat in a tobacco pouch that isn’t air tight for, say, a week. Would the tobacco be too dry to smoke at that point?

Depends on where you live, (humidity level) and how thick is the bag.

Simplest is to slip the bag into another one and roll it up. And get a higher quality bag or two. It'll keep for a long time, unless you're in the desert.

You can put your location in your Profile—(please!—because people will forget!) and which will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, etc., etc..
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state.

Filling a pipe, while setting on a parkbench... from a rolled up ziplock bag is just begging for the police to walk up and start asking questions.
I just pack a few pipes and carry them in a small pipe bag. If I am going out with just one pipe to smoke multiple bowls from the same pipe, I put the tobacco in a small square/rectangle tin. They fit in the breast pocket of a sports coat very well. Or, in the breast pocket of my overalls if I am out working in the field.

But, if we are getting creative here, my ears are the perfect size for one bowls worth of tobacco. Plus, if I keep tobacco in my ears, I don't have to listen to the loud stereos on the motorcycles riding by. Lately, we've been inundated by loud stereos on bikes. I don't get it. Why not just wear earbuds? I mean... if they are going to turn it up so loud anyways, it doesn't help with being able to hear traffic any better.

Damn that.. We pay those guys. They can go find something to do.
Sometimes, we are the "something else to do." If they harassed anyone else, they also have paid the officers, so... Yeh.
When I used to roll cigarettes, I had to hand the officer my cig to sniff quite a few times. I don't mind being questioned, but why not just put the tobacco in something else to keep the dogs off.

Status
Not open for further replies.