PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
I was lucky to get my sense of taste and smell back after about 6 weeks. Its pretty bad when you cant taste latakia in a lat bomb. I didnt smoke much. When I did it was cheapo tobacco as it all tasted the same.

I had a fairly mild case and man, did I learn a whole new level of fatigue.

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
I cant remember the name of it but when I had lost my sense of taste I ran across a study with a medication that has helped people with this issue. You may want to finger walk it a bit and ask your doc.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
My wife got it recently on a plane trip, she passed it to me on her return. She's clear, I'm getting better slowly, fatigue mostly now almost two weeks with it. We both had our shots so I suppose it could have been worse, neither has lost taste or smell.
I have had it twice the second time the two main things I got were fatigue and total lose of appetite as in ate a piece of toast a day for a week. Everything tasted and smelled fine, well normal.

Reactions: dcon

greysmoke

Can't Leave
Apr 28, 2011
South Coatesville, PA
www.greysmoke.com
Long-suffering wife and I are both "novids." That is, neither of us have had COVID that we're aware of, and we're thankful as both of us have underlying health conditions that would complicate things. We get every vax that's available; I think we're up to #6 now.

Sadly, my big sister died of Covid on November 30, 2020. It was before a vax was available, but with her schizophrenia it's hard to say whether she would have taken the vax. As she was in the process of dying with the virus, she refused supplemental oxygen, battling furiously with the caregivers who tried to give it to her. She got her point across and left this life on her own terms after a long and difficult adulthood.

My thoughts, prayers, and blessings to all with this disease for a speedy recovery.

• Sad
Reactions: Sigmund

felix888

Lurker
Jul 23, 2024
Some research suggests that CBD might offer additional protection against Covid. It's known for its anti-inflammatory and immune-modulating properties.
Do you guys believe in this? I, for one, have been taking CBD for 3 years and never had Covid. I'm prone to believe it.
For those in the UK, if you want to start taking it, you have to check your medical cannabis eligibility. I know it's easier in the US.