PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
The first chance I was able to get the J&J vaccine I took it. It has worked perfectly and I have had no issues with taking it. I have never taken a flue virus shot as I never get sick. So far it's been a few weeks since I took it and I have had no problems.

I am 63 and have type two diabetes, with high blood pressure and early onset dementia. I am 6' 2.5 inches tall and weigh 250. I have severe stenosis, and cannot walk without a walker amd a wheelchair. I also have a nasty case of Neuropathy that totally sucks. Burning through my feet and left leg just won't quit.

The only thing that helps that even a little is to smoke some weed. The meds they gave me for that is called gabapentin and it works once for a few weeks every few years. The weed works much better on a consistent basis.
The chances of smoking a pipe killing me are so slim and none it is not even worth discussing.

Reactions: briarbuck and BROBS

JKoD

Part of the Furniture Now
May 9, 2021
IN
Day 7 since symptoms. I smelled soap in the shower this morning. Faint, but I smelled it. Eating today resembles something like flavor, but nothing discernible except salt. Moved about for 3 hours doing small things and some light work. Energy zapped quickly. But, today - the small victory is faint smell and hint of flavor. Cheers to hoping this is on the way up and that I’ll be smoking a bowl by the weekend. Already thinking about what will be first.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Day 7 since symptoms. I smelled soap in the shower this morning. Faint, but I smelled it. Eating today resembles something like flavor, but nothing discernible except salt. Moved about for 3 hours doing small things and some light work. Energy zapped quickly. But, today - the small victory is faint smell and hint of flavor. Cheers to hoping this is on the way up and that I’ll be smoking a bowl by the weekend. Already thinking about what will be first.
Good to hear you’re feeling slightly better !

JKoD

Part of the Furniture Now
May 9, 2021
IN
Good to hear you’re feeling slightly better !
I expected nothing but feeling better. Sucks to have it - but, life goes on. Just another obstacle to overcome. I still don’t buy the nonsense that comes with it, but, I do have sympathy for those who deal with it. Different for everyone - but, stats show beatable by the overly significant majority.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I expected nothing but feeling better. Sucks to have it - but, life goes on. Just another obstacle to overcome. I still don’t buy the nonsense that comes with it, but, I do have sympathy for those who deal with it. Different for everyone - but, stats show beatable by the overly significant majority.
Yeah no one expects to die but it happens. Don’t mind the nearly 600,000 dead in the US alone.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
If you're talking about survival rates alone, that's true. If you're talking about the rate of people who continue to have some debilitating condition - long covid - about 10% of known cases - that's another matter. And then there's the heart, lungs, kidneys, and liver damage that begins to develop in a number of people about two months after a person has "recovered". This particular bug is like no other.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
If you're talking about survival rates alone, that's true. If you're talking about the rate of people who continue to have some debilitating condition - long covid - about 10% of known cases - that's another matter. And then there's the heart, lungs, kidneys, and liver damage that begins to develop in a number of people about two months after a person has "recovered". This particular bug is like no other.
Or when you lose your taste or it changes forever and your cellar is now a pile of trash to you. I don’t know about you, but I enjoy tasting things. It’s one of the main activities I do.

cwpiperman

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2018
The efficacy of this has been pretty widely shot down. I do it anyway, figuring it won't hurt. I'm fully vaccinated as is everyone I know. Had no serious reaction to either shot.

Having had Covid-19 will give you increased resistance but not immunity and may not offer protection to mutations. Vaccines work pretty well. People seem unaware that there were over 11 years of research and development into Coronavirus vaccines, starting under the Bush Administration, before the pandemic hit. These vaccines didn't just sudenly develop out of nowhere.

Its a personal choice. I made the choice to get vaccinated. There are risks with all vaccines and there always were. When I was a kid, people got vaccinated for a variety of things, like polio. We didn't argue over it. It made sense and was the better option.

Given the growing data on potential long term effects of even a seemingly mild case of Covid-19, it made even more sense to me to take the jab.

I had read on CBC News, that's the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (not Conspiracy Bull and Cockamamie, though sometimes I wonder...) for those who don't know, that that research had indeed taken place but was ultimately scrapped. Reason being, no one needs a vaccine for the cold, which is caused by a coronavirus. So yes, coronavirus research did take place around ten years ago, but anyone who is trying to tell you they worked on this vaccine since then is full of shit. Pardon my French.
Unfortunately, this is not true. mRNA vaccine research has been underway for the last 21 years. Not research on a vaccine for SARS-CoV2, mind you, but research on the delivery modality (mRNA vaccine, non-adjuvant, non-vector) has been ongoing since then, with great advances made in CRISPr technology and sequencing. Moderna, in particular, was founded in 2010 and has been doing research on mRNA transport since then. Even the name of the company spells it out. The company name is literally a contraction of MODified RNA.

CW

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I had it last October, my sumptuous were very mild. I'm not getting the vaccinations unless required for some travel or event. I don't trust them and I most certainly don't trust the government at this point
Good thing that the vaccines don’t come from the government. You don’t trust much, do you?

I managed to not catch it and have been vaccinated so I won’t catch it. (Or at least a much smaller percentage of chance). Why is public health a political issue to you?

Step on a rusty nail and don’t get a tetanus shot. Have your grandkids not get any vaccines so they catch polio or measles, mumps, or rubella. If you don’t trust the government they were behind these vaccines as well.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I had it last October, my sumptuous were very mild. I'm not getting the vaccinations unless required for some travel or event. I don't trust them and I most certainly don't trust the government at this point
Pfizer's vaccine was developed independently of Operation Warp Speed, actually, so was Moderna's, since they had theirs ready about the time Warp Speed was announced.

Reactions: BROBS

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
Or when you lose your taste or it changes forever and your cellar is now a pile of trash to you. I don’t know about you, but I enjoy tasting things. It’s one of the main activities I do.
Very right, I got the first shot of AZ about a month ago, but DID lose taste and smell for a week last week. Likely unrelated to the vaccine, could have been stress, work, tiredness, had some critical business deadlines. I have done 6 rapid tests and one PCR test the last 6 months, my kids require weekly rapid tests to go to school, as does my wife who's a teacher. They all came back negative but the loss of taste and smell really made me shit bricks at the idea of not being able to smoke.

Thankfully all good now, just finished a very enjoyable bowl of HU Louisana Broken :)

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Good thing that the vaccines don’t come from the government. You don’t trust much, do you?

I managed to not catch it and have been vaccinated so I won’t catch it. (Or at least a much smaller percentage of chance). Why is public health a political issue to you?

Step on a rusty nail and don’t get a tetanus shot. Have your grandkids not get any vaccines so they catch polio or measles, mumps, or rubella. If you don’t trust the government they were behind these vaccines as well.

The vaccines do nothing to prevent you from catching it genius. All they're designed to is to minimize the symptoms in the event you do catch it. Big Pharma is the biggest contributor to the crooked politicians both at the State and Federal levels. If you trust the government one iota, you need your head examined.

• Love
Reactions: olkofri and gervais
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Pfizer's vaccine was developed independently of Operation Warp Speed, actually, so was Moderna's, since they had theirs ready about the time Warp Speed was announced.

And how long were the clinical trials? How long did these trials run compared to what is required for a normal vaccine? Do you have the number of deaths caused by the vaccines thus far?

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario

Lol, you think the vaccine will stop you from getting Covid?? Do you even know anything about these vaccines? They may keep you out of the hospital, they have proved nothing further than that

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
The vaccines do nothing to prevent you from catching it genius. All they're designed to is to minimize the symptoms in the event you do catch it. Big Pharma is the biggest contributor to the crooked politicians both at the State and Federal levels. If you trust the government one iota, you need your head examined.
Not exactly. Vaccines prevent a virus, bacterium or other pathogens you may catch from multiplying and manifesting as a disease. Essentially they train your immune system to know to recognise and fight the invader. Vaccines are the single biggest medical achievement in human history. Perhaps the greatest achievement in human history if we consider lives won, and what these lives meant in term of culture, progress and economy.

Status
Not open for further replies.