Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mathoozula

Might Stick Around
Nov 25, 2013
Has anyone tried the tobaccos of Country Squire?
My attention was drawn to them because of the Middle Earth labeled tobaccos, but the non-aromatics look pretty good. Anyone tried Bag End?
I'll probably put in an order for some baccy, but if anyone can lend an honest opinion, that would be great!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I believe forum member Bradley "Lordofthepiperings" speaks quite fondly of Country Squire.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I have tried a number of their blends and haven't smoked one that I would call bad. There have been one or two that I wouldn't order again but that's a matter of personal taste and not the quality of the blend. In fact, Jon David Cole, the owner of the shop now, and I created two personal blends for me. He is very knowledgeable about the art of tobacco blending.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I'm a huge fan of the shop from the radio show (Country Squire Radio). Jon David who now owns it and does the blending for the house blends is an amazing guy. Very knowledgeable about the craft and just one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet.
I did just recently get into their blends earlier this year. I started out with their aromatics, ordering some Lancaster, Figgy Pudding (Christmas special blend), White Rose, and Seersucker. Every blend was fantastic. I was a bit apprehensive about White Rose, because it was made in an honor of Beau York (Jon David's CSR co-host) and his English ancestry. The English ancestry compelled Jon David to use that influence and add rose water to the blend in a nod to the Lakeland style. Personally I hate the Lakeland style, so I went it the experience expecting the disappointing soap flavor. I was completely wrong. The rose water is just a slight condiment that is briefly in the background of the flavor profile but more evident in the room note. It's in no way that typical soapy perfume like Lakeland flavor. White Rose taught me that Jon David is a master blender. Anything he comes up with you can trust that it will be high quality. I would highly recommend checking out the Squire blends.

mathoozula

Might Stick Around
Nov 25, 2013
Yeah the site looked legit. I think Im gonna enjoy some of those blends.
Thanks for the imput!

cohibajoe

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 2, 2018
Branchburg, NJ
Has anyone tried the tobaccos of Country Squire?

My attention was drawn to them because of the Middle Earth labeled tobaccos, but the non-aromatics look pretty good. Anyone tried Bag End?

I'll probably put in an order for some baccy, but if anyone can lend an honest opinion, that would be great!

I picked up Shepherd’s Pie, Old Toby, Hunting Creek, Parson's Blend, Rivendell, Cherokee...I do like these blends...my

favorite House Blends are from L.J.Peretti.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I've tried a number of blends of JD's, but my favorite so far is Hunting Creek! Kind of a crossover blend like the Frog Morton series, or Shortcut to Mushrooms from Just for Him. I only get down to the Country Squire a few times a year, but It's always a joy to visit the store and try some new blends.

Reactions: Mark S
Status
Not open for further replies.