PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
As you know I'm a new and very proud Grand Pa.

My wife's side of the family is ... how can I put this..... just a bit rustic.

The Cherokee name of the town they come from translates as Buzzard's Roost. (Sylacauga)
Well the Mom-in-law made a home made Nanner Puddin'. (typically an 11 on a 10 scale)

But, my sister-in-law brought me one of my favorite things on the planet...

"Here ya go Granpa... some (3 dozen) of those nasty ol' chicken-butt-eggs."

That's right real gathered from the yard Brown, White, and my favorite Blue Free Range Cackle Berries.

These things "ain't" what you get from the grocery... These actually taste goooood.

Country Cousins... God Love'm.

I'm off to the grocery to procure a nice thick ham steak... Mmmmmm Tomorrow's breakfast is gonna rock!

lyst36

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2011
My sister scores the same type of eggs at her home in Girdwood, Alaska. I've never really like eggs, myself.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I get fresh outa the hen eggs from the local Amish. Usually we do a bit of trading . I do some blacksmithing for them.

collin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
Bubba,.....around the 400 block of N. Portland..OSU has a building that on Saturdays, hosts many of the "homegrower's" specialities. It's a great place to buy soaps, herbs, flowers, jams and jellys, and yes...those wonderful fresh eggs. There are probably 50 vendors in there every Saturday.
Vicky and I pick some up every now and then!

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
I've been getting ostrich eggs from the farmers market for years. Talk about taste! And plenty of it too...way fresher than what you get in the store.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Whoa!... Breakfast was great!

3 blues, ham steak, grits with "Red-eye gravy", big glass of Chateau Moo, Turkish Coffee, and now working on a pot of strong coffee... and big ol' bowl of 1Q in my Johs Bulldog.

What a way to start the day!

:D

capnbellamy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 25, 2011
Canterbury, England
I come from the english country side. My village has around 60 people in it, if that. My first school had 90 people total from ages 5 to 10/11. I now live in a small city, and it's the first time in my life I've been able to walk to a shop, or a pub, or a friends house. I don't have to drive to get anywhere, for the first time. But I hates the cities. Too loud, too many people, too many cars and not enough trees or fields :P

locopony

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 7, 2011
When I was a child I lived on a farm for a while. Not only are the eggs better, but the milk, and garden fresh veggies. The taste of a tomatoe ripe off the vine, or a peach so ripe it falls into your hand at the mere touch of it. The thick white tasty milk; no homogenization, or pasturization, just chilled in the fridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.