Could My Pipe be Making My Mustache Die?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

18 Fresh Ropp Pipes
60 Fresh Savinelli Pipes
3 Fresh Scottie Piersel Pipes
36 Fresh Estate Pipes
12 Fresh Mastro Geppetto Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please don’t think this way. God gave us life, a beautiful garden in which to live and He gave us rules. As it was in the beginning (Judeo/Christian knowledge base) man made the choice to disobey Gods rules -and we still continue too - and things only got worse and worse from there. I imagine this reply of yours is closely related to your post concerning health and smoking (a post which I will reply to when I have time) and this lashing out at the creator is a byproduct of your deep and unshakable, foreboding dread.

Alaskanpiper, There is an admonition that states that the pot does not tell the potter what it will become, nor does it say “This is what I will be used for.” Might I suggest (ever so humbly and with all humility) that instead of railing against the creator, that you make use of two important gifts that He has given you: your intuition and your conscience. If either of these are bothering you (ie. warning you) please listen to their call. There are ten thousand things to enjoy in this life God has given to you, and selfishly pleasing oneself (with either pipe smoking or masturbation) is not amongst them.

My daddy taught me to NEVER discus Religion or Politics.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Please don’t think this way. God gave us life, a beautiful garden in which to live and He gave us rules. As it was in the beginning (Judeo/Christian knowledge base) man made the choice to disobey Gods rules -and we still continue too - and things only got worse and worse from there. I imagine this reply of yours is closely related to your post concerning health and smoking (a post which I will reply to when I have time) and this lashing out at the creator is a byproduct of your deep and unshakable, foreboding dread.

Alaskanpiper, There is an admonition that states that the pot does not tell the potter what it will become, nor does it say “This is what I will be used for.” Might I suggest (ever so humbly and with all humility) that instead of railing against the creator, that you make use of two important gifts that He has given you: your intuition and your conscience. If either of these are bothering you (ie. warning you) please listen to their call. There are ten thousand things to enjoy in this life God has given to you, and selfishly pleasing oneself (with either pipe smoking or masturbation) is not amongst them.

Haha, please understand that this post was somewhat "tongue in cheek" as they say. I do believe in a higher power, and I am beyond thankful for life in general, let alone the extremely blessed one I have been given to experience. I have no "deep and unshakable, foreboding dread" simply a desire to live both an enjoyable life, as well as a long one. Yes, I am in the midst of searching to find out whether many of the things I consider enjoyable are things that I should continue to do if I wish to live a long life, but not out of any sense of dread, but rather a quest for balance.

Not really railing against any creator here, but more so railing against myself for my lack of discipline and attraction to a few of life's pleasures that seem to be unhealthy. Blaming any creator for "making them unhealthy" was deeply sarcastic. I know, I know, sarcasm is harder to convey in writing so it is easily misinterpreted, but believe me, I'm well aware the problem lies with me, not with any higher power, hahaha.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Is your lighting technique (or lighter) too aggressive? Maybe you're singeing your hair ? I think you'd smell it tho'...

Testosterone low ? Trichotillomania ?
precisely what I thought. Maybe because I've lost a few mustaches over the years to lighting up during surprise high gusts. Hair will singe without direct flame contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.