Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jul 3, 2024
Knoxville, TN
Does anyone ever get a cough the next morning sometimes?

Last night I smoked some tobacco, and have a rocky throat and cough up some plan this morning.

I don’t inhale. So not sure how it would be from the tobacco. I guess I should stop smoking for a few days and see what happens?

Any advice?

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Sooner or later, every smoker coughs. Typically, smoke something with less smoke and tar helps. But I don't think pipe blends label amount of tar. Even cigarettes don't have that label anymore. Even if you don't inhale, smoke gets to your throat, and smoke will irritate your throat.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
House too dry, window open overnight, ragweed, dust, rodent infestation, mold, any number of upper respiratory ailments, cat, snoring —- could be anything. You’ve never had a bit of a sore throat or a cough? No way for anyone here to diagnose.

Reactions: OzPiper and Kobold

spike

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 21, 2009
Coughs are like sneezes: your body is reacting to expel some foreign element and return your body to homeostasis. There are a multitude of factors involved.

Jul 3, 2024
Knoxville, TN
House too dry, window open overnight, ragweed, dust, rodent infestation, mold, any number of upper respiratory ailments, cat, snoring —- could be anything. You’ve never had a bit of a sore throat or a cough? No way for anyone here to diagnose.
Nah, I’m just saying my throat usually doesn’t do that the next morning after smoking. I’m wondering if maybe only certain blends will do it. At least for some people.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Nah, I’m just saying my throat usually doesn’t do that the next morning after smoking. I’m wondering if maybe only certain blends will do it. At least for some people.
Until now, nothing you've asked about had anything to to with certain blends. Smoke is smoke, everybody coughs sometimes, never heard of blends that make you more likely to have a little cough in the morning and you are the one consuming it so I'd think you'd know the blend or blends you've consumed?

Last edited: