PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

burleybreath

Lifer
Aug 29, 2019
Finger Lakes area, New York, USA
Smoking full bents indoors makes me cough a bit, for the simple reason that the smoke from the bowl seems determined to directly assault my twitching proboscis. I sometimes swing the pipe way to the side, which helps, but it's not my style. In any event, if this is you, you are definitely inhaling, technically, just not deliberately.

Warlee

Might Stick Around
Apr 13, 2022
Michigan
To some degree, you will be inhaling smoke whenever you smoke a pipe and that can make you cough.

That said, with much trial and error I have found I have a bad reaction to perique, even just smoking a straight Virginia in a pipe that has cake build up from a perique blend. I cough and wheeze and have tons of phlegm and sinus drainage.

Reactions: jdlander

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Does anyone ever get a cough the next morning sometimes?

Last night I smoked some tobacco, and have a rocky throat and cough up some plan this morning.

I don’t inhale. So not sure how it would be from the tobacco. I guess I should stop smoking for a few days and see what happens?

Any advice?
if you smoke it can irritate the throat especially if you smoke faster. I never had any major tongue bite issues I have experienced them a few times. But I have found that since I learned to sip instead of puff my throat has felt better.
Could also be totally unrelated as well. I know certain plants give me terrible throat issues from allergies. The same plant will give me a nasty dry red rash if I touch the pollen and if it gets in my eyes I get allergic pink eye.

Reactions: Choatecav
Status
Not open for further replies.