Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Great story and advice Cosmic! I met you and Mrs. Cosmic at the first (and last) New Orleans pipe show, you could see there was something special there.

I'm pretty fortunate myself, having married the girl of my dreams 42 years ago. We went ot the Prom in May, and got married in June and it's been a great ride ever since. There's not much I do without her by my side. Twenty years ago, when I ran restaurants locally, I was the guy involved in everthing. Then, I started traveling and she started working for our State Senator (now the 3rd one in 22 years). Now, people say - Your wife is Liz, right? Yes I am! She does a ton of things to help folks in our district and the state. The Governor knows her by name (and sort of me, by association!) So I'm super proud of her. And, if she's bending over, she still gets goosed!

1979 - Prom Night!

1635381933971.png

I'm a little worse for wear, but she's still looking good!

1635382388785.png

Great story and advice Cosmic! I met you and Mrs. Cosmic at the first (and last) New Orleans pipe show, you could see there was something special there.

I'm pretty fortunate myself, having married the girl of my dreams 42 years ago. We went ot the Prom in May, and got married in June and it's been a great ride ever since. There's not much I do without her by my side. Twenty years ago, when I ran restaurants locally, I was the guy involved in everthing. Then, I started traveling and she started working for our State Senator (now the 3rd one in 22 years). Now, people say - Your wife is Liz, right? Yes I am! She does a ton of things to help folks in our district and the state. The Governor knows her by name (and sort of me, by association!) So I'm super proud of her. And, if she's bending over, she still gets goosed!

1979 - Prom Night!

View attachment 105399

I'm a little worse for wear, but she's still looking good!

View attachment 105401
Ok ok, I just started an argument with Mrs Cos. She says we met your wife. I say, she was somewhere close by, but not in New Orleans. Only you can help me win this Al. She’s all, “I never forget a face…”

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
I’ve been dating my best friend for just over 10 years now, married for almost 9 of them. Though I’m starting to worry that in 30 years time when it’s my turn to step up and share inspirational anecdotes and old fashioned wedding pics…there will be no more pipesmagazine. ? what am I going to do with all the free time? And who will I talk to?

lonepiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 27, 2017
Central Virginia
Thanks a lot for these wise advices @cosmicfolklore as I’m getting married for the first time this year !
The night of my bachelor party my friend’s dad gave me this piece of advice for those times when there’s an argument brewing: if you’re wrong just keep your mouth shut; if you’re right just keep your mouth shut because you’re still going to be wrong. This past July marked ten years of a wonderful marriage so I guess it’s worked.