PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

philairfoil

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 24, 2017
Not if you buy it at Smokingpipes, they have a contract with them, that after the two warranty runs out, Smokingpipes covers it afterwards. This is the reason I bought an Old Boy from them... Basically speaking, you buy it from Smokingpipes, you are covered for life.

I just looked at the site and I don't see that mentioned...is there a secret code or you know someone's name?
I'll buy one if that is the case, I just filled up my Kiribi Kobuto, and it's now a blowtorch...the second time It's been needing of service in the 2-3 years I've had it...and I'm done with it.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I just looked at the site and I don't see that mentioned...is there a secret code or you know someone's name?
I'll buy one if that is the case, I just filled up my Kiribi Kobuto, and it's now a blowtorch...the second time It's been needing of service in the 2-3 years I've had it...and I'm done with it.

I’m not sure looking back, but I called SPC for something, and in our conversations, trying to figure out a lighter to buy, this is what one of the Reps on the phone told me, that convinced me to buy it.

Just call them to find out.

philairfoil

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 24, 2017
I’m not sure looking back, but I called SPC for something, and in our conversations, trying to figure out a lighter to buy, this is what one of the Reps on the phone told me, that convinced me to buy it.

Just call them to find out.
I'll do that...but likely I'll buy one anyway...and blame you for it.;)

• Haha
Reactions: Elric

Mr.Pink

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 12, 2020
Chicago IL
The downside to that is that after spending $100+ for them, when they need to be serviced it's $30+. Zippo has lifetime service for free.
Yep..I have two Dunhill Unique Lighters. One started leaking gas. 130 repair> They are fine inside. When I leave the house the zippo pipe lighter comes with me. The cool thing about the zippo is when a cigarette smoker asks you for a lighter and they can't figure out how to use it. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: smudgersmissingleg

Peter - CCB

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 26, 2019
Santa Barbara, CA
www.etsy.com
Have been kicking around the idea of upgrading to a old boy lighter. Before i did i thought i would see how people like them that already have them. Any problems or things i should know before i buy one?
I was debating for several months. In the end, I got a Kiribi Kabuto. I wasn’t 100% sure how much I’d use and wanted something solid and it fit the bill. I’m happy with it so not going to be looking for another for a bit.

philairfoil

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 24, 2017
I bit on the Corona pipemaster from SPC...I've only heard good things and I'm thinkin' with a name like 'corona'...nowadays nobody will steal it.

(that's a joke, son...alright, a bad one)

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

BeaconX

Lurker
Nov 24, 2019
Bet she/he/it wears the mask to bed...likely just as well.

Wasn't it FDR who said "there is nothing to fear, but fear itself" Ahh, the good old days...when men were men, and not women...

not that there is anything wrong with that, of course
What a needlessly offensive comment. That would be like me posting and saying, I can’t wait until all the racist, misogynistic, old farts die off so the world can be a much better and less bigoted place! But I wouldn’t do that ?

Reactions: philairfoil
Status
Not open for further replies.