PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mityahicks

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 18, 2018
If it sticks around for awhile I'll get a tin. I have a bunch of it cellared up.

Reactions: B.Fee

Worknman

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 23, 2019
I have 2 tins arriving Friday. Not sure when I'll get around to trying it

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
The Sansepolcro is quite good. I would caution however, don't expect it to shine out of a freshly opened tin. When I originally popped a tin and promptly smoked a bowl, I was very disappointed. A month later, couldn't believe it was the same tobacco. Then even smoke some with a couple of years on it and exceptional blend.

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
The Sansepolcro is quite good. I would caution however, don't expect it to shine out of a freshly opened tin. When I originally popped a tin and promptly smoked a bowl, I was very disappointed. A month later, couldn't believe it was the same tobacco. Then even smoke some with a couple of years on it and exceptional blend.
Good to know. Thanks for the heads up.

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
The Sansepolcro is quite good. I would caution however, don't expect it to shine out of a freshly opened tin. When I originally popped a tin and promptly smoked a bowl, I was very disappointed. A month later, couldn't believe it was the same tobacco.

I find a lot of the more complex blends are like that. Something about cracking a tin and letting it sit for a while seems to open things up.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
For those not familiar with this particular blend, it seems to be Virginia based, with dark-fired Kentucky and black Cavendish. SP rates the taste at four dots and the strength at three. Apparently the Virginia benefits from some age.

Status
Not open for further replies.