PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
You must get a Falcon! They smoke very well, and aren’t quite as open draw as cobs. They never need a rest or drying time, and the quality of the briar is excellent. A wipe with a tissue of the humidome, and a gentle scrape of the hole in the bottom of the bowl to keep the draw open is all the maintenance they need. Join the club, Paulie.
there are only two issues with falcons. How they look and how small the chamber is. Might explain why I smoke it when short on time or smoke flakes in them. Yeah I second the falcon recommendation.

ChuckMijo

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2020
I like cobs! They however don’t replace briar pipes. Not even close. If you believe otherwise, .....your dumb. Lol I don’t give a shit what you smoke.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Been smoking cob for few weeks. They are ok. They do great job with OTC blends I have. But I still smoke my briars more. One thing I don't like about cob is cleaning the chamber. There seems to be a strand of tobacco stuck on the bottom after each smoke. End up spending time fishing it out with a bamboo skewer.

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
Very close to pulling the trigger on these two from MM's website. They can both be found in Greece but they cost twice as much as buying from the other side of the Atlantic and getting shipped here:

1605509683302.png

Reactions: chopper

Swampy16

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 12, 2020
Reactions: edger

Pit&Pipes

Can't Leave
Sep 29, 2020
OH-IO
I think they were just saying that “both were cobs” (statement of fact) and buy them since they are on the pro-cob side. I have the Dagner and really like that little guy. Mine had more chips from MM than I expected but that will eventually add tot he charm. Haven’t tried the other one but I have not doubt you will enjoy it.

Now, I think I‘ll load my Dagner and have a morning bowl with coffee...Happy Puffin”