PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

carp rides again

Might Stick Around
Jan 11, 2024
Lookout mountain ga
Well finally after reading many comments ordered a corn cob to try! Any advice I will take from this group of Class acts!
You did good kid! Just remember the first 5 bowls or so will have that strange cooked corn flavor at the bottom of the bowl. That goes away and you will have a great pipe will last you through all that tobacco you got there, but you'll have another one before you finish all that.

Reactions: JoeW and bpinkstaff

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
North Central Florida
My first pipe 'in earnest' is my OG MM Legend. I've had it 10 yrs and it's still chugging fine. I've stuck more than one new stem into it, but, the functionality of the bowl is great.
I think the next thing I did, besides buying pipes on ebay, was to get a bag of seconds from MM. I still smoke most of those too.
Success breeds success, so I have since bought other cob models. My most used is the simple Pride.
I have a Freehand, a Shire, a Spool (?), and several others...
I was in my first year when I got the bag of seconds and was smoking a fresh natural finish cob, when I began to taste, distinctly, burnt corn. I puffed and puffed and tasted and thought, and finally my finger started to burn and it was only then that I realized I tasted burnt corn for a reason. I think it was the Eaton model or one that sized anyway.

Jesster109

Lurker
Dec 2, 2022
Illinois
I ordered a few cobs last month and one of them had a pot leaf on the bottom, and the stem and bit are very narrow. It was called the pirate poker. I'll still use it, but I didn't think it was part of their cannabis collection.

Also scored a cool shirt...I used to live in MO, so I tend to like stuff like this....

View attachment 337500
Not sure where you moved to, but this weekend is MM's 155th celebration there in Washington, MO. Lots to do and from what I understand, a few forum members will be there too....... We've got tickets for the tour.