PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

haparnold

Lifer
Aug 9, 2018
Colorado Springs, CO
I mean really, don't you think smoking a cob makes you look like you're going to a family reunion to pick up dates?
Speaking as someone who's his own cousin, I resent that remark!
I mean... umm... haha, those silly hillbillies and their corncob pipes..

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
I have three cobs and they are all used. I don’t take my briars or meers out with me when I’m driving or working. I don’t care if I beat up the cobs or smoke them hot, they are truly beat around pipes.

redglow

Lifer
Jan 7, 2019
Michigan
Corn Cob Love....... sounds like a cheap paperback
I need to pick up a cob and find out what the fuss is all about. :puffy:

maxsmoke

Might Stick Around
Jan 30, 2019
Aside from being a little powerhouse, a good smoke and inexpensive, what better a pipe would you recommend to a friend if they ever wanted to try a pipe?

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
Oh, yeah ...
I'm ophiuchus, and I smoke cobs. Or rather, I smoke tobacco in cobs.
You can still find them in some chain drugstores. There's some comfort to me in that. :puffy:

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Huh. I love my cobs, and they go great with Carter Hall. But whenever I mention it, "someone" always mentions grass clippings, gas fumes, and vegetables....

techie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2018
I have four cobs and enjoy each one of them. My favorite is the big General sitter in back, and a close second is the custom Mark Twain in the middle. Each is dedicated to a specific type of blend: English, Virginias/Burleys, Aromatics, and Lakelands.
cobs_01-600x470.jpg

Reactions: radrick96

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Only two. A Dagner Poker dedicated to aromatics, primarily Molto Dolce and Exotic Passion. A MM Legend that is dedicated to GH Ennerdale.

celticbrewer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 16, 2018
I love my cobs. Just a MM general and a MM legend. I mainly use them for when I am working in the shop and dont want to think about smoking that much. My brairs are reserved for more complex smokes where I want to concentrate on what I am smoking more.

gerryp

Oct 8, 2018
Arabi, LA
I mean really, don't you think smoking a cob makes you look like you're going to a family reunion to pick up dates?
Left cob yes, right cob not as much.

img_20190215_105800-600x337.jpg

Although come to think of it, I had a thing for one of my cousins when I was a kid.

maxsmoke

Might Stick Around
Jan 30, 2019
I have the same one (the one on the right) and love the dam thing . It looks great and smokes great as well

bent1

Lifer
Jan 9, 2015
WV
I have 17 total; 10 diplomats, 2-straight Mark Twains, a MacArthur, 2-acorns, & 2 - Cobbit Shires (my favorite). Hope to add the Dwarf someday.
It’s ironic, I’ve dropped more briars than cobs, mostly smoke my cobs too.

gerryp

Oct 8, 2018
Arabi, LA
I have the same one (the one on the right) and love the dam thing . It looks great and smokes great as well
Yes that's a Country Gentleman that I spruced up a little and replaced the OEM stem with a Forever Stems Mini-Churchwarden. Smokes as cool as a cucumber, I'm using it as we speak.

curl

Apr 29, 2014
Hi all.
I don’t have all the pipes MM sells, but I have most of them. Plus I have extras of some of the models.

I have 4 Rob Roy pipes: this pipe I really enjoy while driving.

I have 2 5th Avenue pipes, one of which is the rough natural unfinished totally Hicksville version.

I have 2 each Mark Twain and Country Gentleman pipes cause you can’t have too many cob pipes.

I have a bunch of the mini Tom Sawyer type pipes, but I don’t use these very often. My pipe nail doesn’t fit in the bowl.

I like to smoke the General while driving our golf cart on the beach.

I

I

I

The plastic stems suit me just fine, especially the bent ones, and I have plenty of extras. The forever stems I bought don’t get much use.

I like to use the bent stems with my straight cobs; sort of a cob approximation of a Zulu pipe.

dadosaurusrex

Might Stick Around
Jan 22, 2019
I have 9 cobs and I love them! They are what I smoke at work. They seem to absorb moisture a little better than briars, so I can just carry around a cob and some tobacco without having to worry about pipe cleaners. And if I happen to break one I'm only out a few bucks.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I dismissed cobs early on, then about twenty years ago, I picked one up just for the novelty of it, and decided I loved them. I hold them up to my favorite artisan pieces in smokability.

Status
Not open for further replies.