PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
I like to use the bent stems with my straight cobs

I tried doing this too, after someone suggested using a bent stem with an MM Morgan for an 'instant bulldog'. I didn't like the results: the pipe hangs at too steep an angle, and I ended up charring the proximal end of the rim. So, I just went back to a straight stem. Others' mileage will vary, of course.
Speaking of mods, the MM Morgan and Eaton are basically nosewarmers. I took off the short stem and put regular stems on them: now they are either elongated billiards or pygmy churchwardens.

Reactions: radrick96

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
I’ve no idea how many cobs I own. Probably ~15. They’re fantastic smokers and for me it’s no myth that burley blends taste phenomenal out of a cob. Probably half the time I’m enjoying a pipe, it’s a burley-forward blend and it’s always in a cob. Nothing like some Pegasus, Epiphany, H Bookshop or Stokkebye’s 312 Toasted Burley in a cob when it begins warming up outside.

Sep 18, 2015
I own 7 Cobs 4 are unsmoked,two are from the sixtys and unsmoked. The three that are used are Washington cobs, one is a work pipe and gets seriously abused, one has been used a few times to sample aro’s and the other has only been smoked twice (VA) samples. I did raise the bottom with pipe mud and I have a short forever stem, I like the nose burner effect! I like cobs for what they are, an effective, inexpensive way to smoke tobacco. I have no problems smoking my beat up cob out on job sites and don’t really care what anybody else thinks about it, I don’t smoke to try and impress someone else.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
If MM brings these back again, would love to see one unfinished.
20180224_002736.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.