PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Why wouldn’t you? Seems like a good enough reason all by itself.

I guess there’s only two reasons to do anything voluntarily - because you want to and you can.

Everything else is just extra.

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW
Great newsletter. Only $10 a year in PDF format. It's really the last pipe publication, and there won't be any more after it (though I hope I'm proved wrong). Everyone here should join and support them. You can even write for them if so inclined.

Then there's also the Pipe Club of London...

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Well if the goal is to stop you well just be aware that the initiation is smoking Captain black Grape Tomatoe (yeah as bad as it sounds) in a extra large magnum style pipe in 25 minutes. Yeah tongue bite city. And then you still have to bring an albino named Jim before they'll even consider whether or not to let you join.

• Haha
Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
In addition to supporting the hobby, what are some other reasons to Join?
I also get the electronic PDF version of the newsletter, "The Collector". Easily worth way more than the annual $10 cost. The printed version they mail for around $20 annually is printed on nice paper and is of a good quality, if you want to save hard copies. I print and save the PDF, then toss the paper copy when done (on my good office laser printer).

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I posted a copy of the December 2021 newsletter in my Drop-Box. If you are curious, you can download a copy here:
Someone confirm this link works please. It's been a while since I shared a file. I keep nude photos of my wife in the same folder, and I want to make sure those are not accessible.

Western Isles

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2021
Tennessee
I think many organizations have gaps in their activities after the last two years and will need to ramp back up. NASPC is both active and worthy of support.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
I joined several years ago, got one copy of the newsletter. When I emailed them to find why I wasn't receiving the newsletter, they responded that they'll look into it. That's the last I ever heard from them. Never renewed...

OK - they do have a POY, but then so do a few websites and vendors YMMV.

Reactions: jpmcwjr