Continuing my quest to be a crotchety old man at 20...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

menckenite

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
Nice watch! It can remind you when to take your medications and when the "news" comes on.
Here are a few other tips on being a crotchety old man:
-Yell at the kids and tell them to get the hell off your lawn even though it's 4:30 am and you don't have a lawn.

-Start nodding off while people are talking to you.

-Repeat the same old stories every time you get in a group.

-Tell how the history books are wrong about such and such event (more than likely you will be correct).

- Always ask how John Doe is doing, when everyone knows he died over 20 years ago.

-Start ranting on about what's wrong with the world today whiile being completly oblivious to the body language of those around you screaming "Stop talking, you are making everyone uncomfortable!".

-Go to bed right after the 6 o'clock news.
That should get your started Carl.
-other voice says: William, his name is "Collin"
That's what I said, "Carl"

tanless1

Sep 14, 2010
Got to much crap in my pockets. Id have to start wearing a vest to accommodate a pocket watch.

caliguy

Might Stick Around
Jul 30, 2010
Nice watch Collin. Pocket watches seem to have a more human scale to them don't they? I've got an old Ball railroad watch that I tote around on occasion. Less so now that my pockets are tighter due to my pants shrinking. Well, they are fitting tighter.
As for crotchety old man stuff, go with the advice above and start watching Matlock and Murder She Wrote re-runs. Oh, and be sure to rub some Ben Gay into your knees. That's a scent that screams crotchety. That and Old Spice aftershave. And go to a barber shop, and get a proper haircut for cripes sake!

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I love pocket watches.

Yours is very nice.

I have several myself none that nice though.

Now as a novice "crotchety old man" your new watch can help you remember to watch the local on the eights on the Weather Channel. :D

collindow

Jul 15, 2010
Portland, OR
Thanks for the advice everyone...I got the first child off of my lawn today!

I'm thinking of shouting at children full-time, I live right next to a junior high.

yoru

Jan 5, 2011
Love the watch mate. . .
As for being an old man at 20, I've just turned 21 recently and have been well on my way to it myself heh heh. My personal next step is to get a parrot (along the large trail that leads me to being just like my great-grandfather Seiger that I've covered a LOT of ground on).
I think it is becoming more and more common for lads to act "too old" due to the shape of modernity. That is to say, they simply seem to be acting old due to the fact the only people with proper mannerisms these days are from a time quite passed (that is to say, they are old men)

flylot

Might Stick Around
Dec 17, 2010
I'm envious of Yoru because he plays keyboards, violin AND a cello! Screw the cell phone....

ulsterpaddy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 22, 2010
Dude that's awesome. Everyone at work is calling me an old man and just today somebody joked I should get a pocket watch. Lol. I have 4 of them that were my granda's but theyre in a box packed away nicely and not ticking.
Very nice watch though mate.

yoru

Jan 5, 2011
Simple, if I wish to speak with someone, I go speak with them. All my friends are as habitual as I am, and therefore easy to find.

yoru

Jan 5, 2011
That's just...too funny. Heh heh heh.
Collin yer evil though mate. I just spent a bit of cash I shouldn'ta on a watch myself after seeing yours (it was so handome I felt I needed one heh heh).

caliguy

Might Stick Around
Jul 30, 2010
Several years ago I was at our local movie theater and complaining about the prices while I bought my ticket. I then received the "Senior Discount". I wasn't asked for ID and I wasn't even 50 at the time. That's when I knew I'd made it to Crotchety Old Man status.

maduroman

May 15, 2010
ya need to shave with a strait razor to compleat the picture... oh, and out of date facial hair helps, like a handlebar 'stache....

bytor

Can't Leave
Jan 21, 2010
Washington
It's amazing how much closer shave you can achieve with a safety razor vs. cartridge razors. I've never tried a straight razor and likely never will...I tend to have somewhat shaky hands so a straight razor doesn't seem like a wise choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.