PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 2, 2020
Louisiana
So a while back I had a conversation with another member here about how some of the blend names and package designs had changed for Community Coffee. I’m a Louisiana boy, and I’ve always drank Community coffee. I’ve noticed a few other members are Community devotees as well. To the best I can tell, here’s “what’s what” as far as the name changes:

“Breakfast Blend” hasn’t changed names (light roast).

“House Blend” is still the same (medium-dark roast).

“Cafe Special” hasn’t changed either (medium-dark roast).

The old “New Orleans Blend” is now “Coffee and Chicory.”

The old “Dark Roast” is now “Signature Dark Roast”

The new “New Orleans Blend” is another dark roast and contains no chicory.

In addition to the changes there are lots of new blends that I suspect are in a sort of “probationary” period. They may stick around if sales are good. If not, I suspect they will disappear. I’ve been buying up their new Cafe de Olla blend (cinnamon infused coffee), which goes exceedingly well with a pipeful of Habana Daydream, for fear it might go away soon.

If you know of other changes, post it up. ☕

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
We usually drink one of several dark blends with a Cuban, New York, or other dark roast motif. We've ordered more online, but in order to stretch the one we have for my wife, I bought a little can of Maxwell House, for me, since I am less particular. Pardon my simple tastes, but I find it good, really good, the loving spoonful. I don't know if I will maintain a separate stash of coffee, but it suits me just fine. Not much bouquet in the can, but just fine in the cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.