PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

saintpeter

Lifer
May 20, 2017
Sure....it's all simple and straight forward, my mind made up on exactly what I want. Then they send photos of what they are capable of and I want one of everything. Now I have to regroup and make up my mind yet again. Sigh.

acidpox

Can't Leave
Nov 18, 2018
I'm also very interested in how your 1st commission goes, I've been wanting to get a commission for the last 6 months but still havnt been able to make mu mind up as to who or what I want yet lol.

saintpeter

Lifer
May 20, 2017
Just got off the phone with Mark. Finishing up the transaction. He is very communicative both by email and phone. Very approachable and knowledgeable, although we didn't talk much pipes, but a lot of fishing. (I lived in the area and we fished a lot of the same rivers.) I thank all here for giving me the confidence to do this, although it may have created a monster as I am already planning the next.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Mark is like Bruce was. I could call him one day about the details of a commission and three days later he'd send me photos of the finished pipe. Mark does good work, and that's a fine looking author!?

Reactions: saintpeter

saintpeter

Lifer
May 20, 2017
While I won't "kiss and tell" I will say that a pipe like that, with a standard bit, would actually cost about the same as internet and brick and mortar resellers selling his creations. The Cumberland bumps it up some, but I had to go with it cuz I've never had one. :rolleyes:

Reactions: jpmcwjr

saintpeter

Lifer
May 20, 2017
It came in the mail! Oh, I can see this adding trouble to my future. It is almost too pretty to smoke. Almost. I just feel the need to smoke it. So I ordered the material to make a batch of One Ton Sally, need to be patient one more week. I have also fallen in love with Cumberland stems, something I could never see any sense in.

Status
Not open for further replies.