Coloring Progress Over Time/No of Bowls in one Meerschaum Pipe

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

@cshubhra sorry to revive an old question that was probably asked somewhere within the 21 pages of this thread but how often were you smoking your pipe per day on average?
I smoked (and still smoke ) this pipe about once per day.

I have smoked it about 560 times. However there is almost no progression in coloring lately

fishmansf

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 29, 2022
PNW
Reactions: cshubhra
Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
The pipe looks great. Very nice coloring indeed. You say the coloring has slowed, but one day you'll see it has colored more and the current colors will be darker, as if it appeared overnight, and you'll be glad you kept smoking it on a regular basis.

Meerschaum is a weird material as if you go long periods of not smoking it the pipe will lose color; however, once you smoke it again a lot of the color will come back. Those color will continue to get darker and other areas will eventually fill in. Though it may take many more years to get there it will eventually get there. Happy smoking.

Reactions: cshubhra
The pipe looks great. Very nice coloring indeed. You say the coloring has slowed, but one day you'll see it has colored more and the current colors will be darker, as if it appeared overnight, and you'll be glad you kept smoking it on a regular basis.

Meerschaum is a weird material as if you go long periods of not smoking it the pipe will lose color; however, once you smoke it again a lot of the color will come back. Those color will continue to get darker and other areas will eventually fill in. Though it may take many more years to get there it will eventually get there. Happy smoking.
I plan to keep smoking this. I try to smoke this one everyday.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI

fishmansf

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 29, 2022
PNW
Starting to get frustrated with my altinay. I am about 60 bowls in and there is little to no coloring except for finger staining and a slight pink in the crest between the bowl and the shank. Now sure how to get this thing to color or if it is simply the meerschaum saying, "this is all I got chief"