PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Has anyone tried this?
http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/10681/hearth-home-red-eye
Looks like a cross between the old/new Three Nuns and, piquing my interest, it has a medium-to-strong (i.e. non Apple user) strength rating.

leacha

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
@deathmetal

Received it for Christmas. When I'm over my cold its going to be my first tin to open. I'm interested in the comparisons with LBF.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
cortez,
Back in the 70's flake was considered, and recommended as, the cut of choice for smoking outdoors or in drafty conditions in as much as other cuts would burn too fast. I don't hear that idea floated too much these days, as flake has become an anytime/anywhere indulgence.
I have always done the fold and stuff when smoking outdoors for that exact reason.

derekflint

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2017
I rubbed out a coin and a half of DNR's yesterday morning. After smoking about half a bowl ( which was great ) I laid the pipe down because I had to go to the gym and do a little shopping. I was gone about 3 1/2 hours. When I came back I lit the pipe up again and it tasted much different and I thought it was going to be too ashy or something. But what I encountered was wonderful !! The deepest, darkest, richest, sweetest smoke ever !! And the aftertaste WOW...EXCELENT !!

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Some call it "delayed gratification technique" but I call it serendipity. A few won't do a re-light after a short time, or after a long time. I've enjoyed "rested" bowls from an hour after putting down to several days later.
Good on ya'!

captpat

Lifer
Dec 16, 2014
North Carolina
I normally rub out flakes and coins as it helps me to get a consistent pack, haven't noticed a difference in taste to length of smoke between rubbing out and folding/stuffing.

Status
Not open for further replies.