PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Yeah I liked him but also found him hard to take at times. Mainly that he just seemed to want to stir poop and sometimes it was something he felt strongly about and sometimes just trying to annoy as many people as possible. I always wonder with people I've just met online are they like that all the time or just on screen. I've known both. I can be both too sometimes.
I’ve found only three places where every man is brave: on the phone, in their car or on the internet. Face to face, where consequences are real, not so much.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I’ve found only three places where every man is brave: on the phone, in their car or on the internet. Face to face, where consequences are real, not so much.
Fun fact not me with the phone. I hate the phone. If you have a job that involves answering phones a lot. You'll hate talking on the phone. With the phone though people can get shy really fast. I remember reading one of those "really you needed a study to prove this" that stated people act more sadistic online because basically you can't punch them, yell at them, or even just give them the dirty looks. Though ever met someone that spends so much time online, they're actually shocked to find out how much harder it is in real life to say certain things to people?

JJ_JJ_JJ_JJ

Can't Leave
Sep 13, 2022
Used to be able to sit back in my lawn chair and scroll through the different threads on the forum and chuckle at some of the goofy comments without feeling the need to jump up and yell "GET OFF MY LAWN" but end up getting another beer and keep quiet. I wonder how much longer till I'm in the balcony about to be removed from the administration. 🤣View attachment 225545
ehhh I say let it rip, It will add to the spice around here

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Eons ago, which could be in the 1950's, there was a TV show, in black and white, called, "Life Begins at Eighty." It featured a panel of elders eighty and up in age. They'd be presented with questions from viewers by the moderator seeking advice on life situations.

The panelists were selected for being wry, peppery, and insightful. Some of what they said was in the "get off my lawn" genre, but other responses were more witty, philosophical, or innovative.

I don't think it lasted for more than a few seasons, and a few of the panelists may not have lasted that long. But it was an interesting and generally affirmative picture of old age back when most people didn't live as long as they do today. Not withstanding that life expectancy has lost some ground in recent years in the U.S.
In today's world it wouldn't last more than an episode, given what a constant shit show today's media is. If everyone wasn't so busy lying badly there wouldn't be more than 20 minutes worth of programming a year.