PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokeyweb

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 29, 2013
I was just browsing some Kaywoodies today on the bay. Need to add one to my fleet.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
This was a closet queen, for two years. An unsmoked, Sasieni Natural Ashford. I smoked it when my grand-daughter was born. Her father (he smokes cigars/pipes) will get it someday. I paid a premium for an unsmoked pipe and mulled over not smoking it. I determined that I'd smoke it on some significant life event

This one hasn't been smoked in a while, a 1930's Comoys 498 Extraordinaire. I have a Comoy's 256 that is similar but slightly smaller that gets smoked with some frequency.

Last is this GBD 9242. I have a Sandblast that has slightly different dimensions and it gets smoked regularly (a recent acquisition).

smokeyweb

Dec 29, 2013
Wow! Those pipes are beautiful. That Sasieni is an absolute jaw-dropper!

I have a few that are unsmoked, only because I bought them and then forgot about them. Some, I forgot to even open the box. I get so many packages in my business... Anyways, I do have a couple that I haven't smoked just because after getting them, they just didn't appeal to me any more. I could really care less about whether something will hold any value for the future, because I don't intend to ever sell any of them.

smokeyweb

Dec 29, 2013
Hmm... that is VERY TEMPTING, Scrooge. My wife would probably kill me if I bought another pipe right now... but I will certainly keep that in mind when the time is right!

smokeyweb

Dec 29, 2013
http://pipesmagazine.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/album/9833/img_2874-600x448.jpg
My most recent Closet Queen that is "unsmoked no more."

smokeyweb

Dec 29, 2013
I have decided that there will only be 1 pipe in my collection that will remain unsmoked. "One Closet Queen." The rest will all join my regular rotation. Here is my one and only closet queen:
http://pipesmagazine.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/album/9833/img_0306-600x450.png

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
From above ;
img_2874-600x448.jpg

img_0306-600x450.png

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
This is also why I normally don't pay a premium for an unsmoked pipe, I'm just going to smoke it anyway and the value plummets. I figure at my age (56), why not enjoy them for as long as I can, values be damned.

panamacharlie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 13, 2016
I used to have one. About 24 years ago my stepdaughter sent me a beautiful Savinelli for christmas. I didn't really like the shape, and didn't want to smoke a pipe that I probably wasn't going to keep. I figured the next owner would appreciate it more unsmoked, so it sat in the bottom of a drawer for over 20 years.
Then a year ago I met my first fellow piper in Panama! He only had a couple pipes, so I presented him with the Savinelli, still in its original box and packaging. He uses it much more than I would have.

Status
Not open for further replies.