PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

maduroman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 15, 2010
clencher 99.9% of the time. only time i am not is when i smoke my big assed nording free hand...

pipedisciple

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 18, 2011
A little of both,but tend to clench on the left and hold with left hand, I'm right handed. :puffy:

drsam

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2011
Clincher, on the left, cause I have no teeth on the right.....

Guess when the rest go I will turn into A holder or at least a gummer.

mountainman

Can't Leave
May 4, 2012
im a holder 90% of the time, but i clench my MM cob, since it is so light and the bit is soft enough that it form fits to my teeth and is very comfortable in the clench.

scotrob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 24, 2011
clencher, unless it is a heavy billiard and i am sitting, in which case i might hold from time to time

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I enjoy holding. Perhaps I don't have the coordination to do more than one thing at a time. I did bite my lip recently by walking and chewing gum at the same time.

bigmike

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Usually a holder with my left hand, as I'm right handed and tend to be doing other things while enjoying a smoke.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
99% holder. Most of my brits are estates, with vulcanite stems restored by yours truly. So, I can't bring myself to mar them up once shiny black. I have a few pipes with acrylic stems that are nice when reading, etc.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
@Lawrence: :rofl: (gotta love Jaws)
As for me, I'd say hold about 60% of the time, clench 40%.

thebadkitty

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 29, 2012
Albany, Oregon
This is neat Barkar because I was just noticing and thinking about this. I clench more than I hold lately too, I'm enjoying it more as I get less awkward at it. My pipe is always on the right side of my mouth, nice button sized notch there...left just doesn't feel right clenching or holding. Even though I'm right handed I hold in my right hand, unless I'm lighting or tamping. For that I switch hands (unless I tamp with my now burnt up right finger). Backwards I know, but so are my wallet and watch (before I stopped wearing it) I've been told.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Backwards I know, but so are my wallet and watch (before I stopped wearing it) I've been told.
For some reason, that reminded me of a line in "We're No Angels". DeNiro is telling Sean Penn how to do the sign of the cross and tells him to remember "spectacles, testicles, wallet and watch".

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
I'm a holder most all of the time, except when I am typing or writing then I sort of let the pipe hang on my bottom teeth. This is possible with my p-lip pipes only, as they have a fairly big lip that will not slip off my teeth.

profpar

Can't Leave
Dec 8, 2011
Buford, Georgia
I clench or hold depending on the pipe, what I am doing, etc. If is a large and/or heavy pipe I hold ; if I am driving, clench. I f I am writing like now, clench; if I am contemplating,hold. I clench on my right side which makes sense since I write eith my left hand

Status
Not open for further replies.