Status
Not open for further replies.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Have you ever smoked Clan?
If so, what did you think of it?
It's the only baccy I've ever smoked in a normal (non-clay) pipe!
it's horrible stuff.
Some Jerk in Paris at a news stand near Notre Dame sold me a packet telling me it was a popular aromatic.

• Haha
Reactions: dcon

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
And Yes Sir, they weren't far from the truth ,Clan, Amphora Full Red, Amsterdamer bleu and Caporal export are the most popular tobaccies of amongst oridinary french pipers,kinda OTC's there
Well I would have liked to have tried any of those others! Besides amphora which I know

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
@halfdan aren't there any newsagents or tobacco shops near you? There must be one that has some packeted Gawith or Germain blends?
Yes there's one at Glumangate in Chesterfield town centre that sell Gawith Hoggarth pipe tobacco loose.
This one:
I was in there yesterday buying a packet of Wilson's of Sharrow pipe cleaners - a shame they stopped making clay pipes or I'd probably be their best customer!

Reactions: BROBS

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Yes there's one at Glumangate in Chesterfield town centre that sell Gawith Hoggarth pipe tobacco loose.
This one:
I was in there yesterday buying a packet of Wilson's of Sharrow pipe cleaners - a shame they stopped making clay pipes or I'd probably be their best customer!
I think you should try some of the Gawith Hoggarth!!!

Reactions: The Clay King

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
I think you should try some of the Gawith Hoggarth!!!
I've tried the Gawith Hoggarth Cherry Vanilla & Black Cherry; I like them in my clay when I go to living history reenactments. I haven't been into town as much since the shutdown, it's my first visit to Devon House News since I went to see Cavendish's Horses at Bolsover Castle last year.
I'll have to get some twist when I go to see Lace Wars & The Sealed Knot again, now that Condorlover1 has taught me how to prepare it!

Reactions: Jacob74
Status
Not open for further replies.