PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Hunter1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2022
MD
I love my briars, But my cobs are my go to pipes while fishing or plein air painting. I can smoke any type or kind of tobacco in them with no ghosting. They are just great. I'm at the beach for 2 months now and the only pipes I'm smoking are my three cobs.

mbmoehl

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2022
Metro Detroit
A Washington 5th Ave was my first pipe and I smoked it occasionally for a couple of years before purchasing a briar. I now prefer the way a good briar smokes over cobs. I will still smoke Cobbs from time to time, but I'm not a fan of the wide open draw. I have started to mess with modifying cobs and will smoke them for sentimental reasons. When I feel the need to smoke something inexpensive I tend to reach for a Morgan Bones over a cob. Once I gather them all in the same place I post a pic of my modifieds.

Reactions: AroEnglish

huckleberry

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2017
Kentucky
I have a number of cobs i smoke on a regular basis. I prefer the MM Country Gentlemen, and take one regularly when I go trekking around outdoors in the woods or on my Harley.

Reactions: UB 40 and Sgetz

HitchensDog

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2020
Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Most of my pipes are cobs. I have a few briars, but really like my cobs. The Legend and Washington are probably my favorites. I smoke them without the filter. The open draw is nice. I'm in Nebraska and if you ask anyone here who is over 60 they will tell you that their fathers and grandfathers all smoked corn cob pipes back in the day.