eljimmy

Lifer
Jan 3, 2021
Los Angeles, California

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Tampa Sweethearts Cigar Company does not sell tobacco products to anyone under the age of 21 and does not ship tobacco products to Hawaii, Puerto Rico, South Dakota or Utah.

Sucks that people and businesses think it’s illegal to ship to Hawaii, because no one seems to understand the law, or care to just meet the requirements is all. :(

Oh well I can’t buy from them, I should give them a call some time and explain it to them, and see if they’ll correct this.

Speak Easy

Lifer
Jan 12, 2024
Western Oklahoma
Tampa Sweethearts Cigar Company does not sell tobacco products to anyone under the age of 21 and does not ship tobacco products to Hawaii, Puerto Rico, South Dakota or Utah.

Sucks that people and businesses think it’s illegal to ship to Hawaii, because no one seems to understand the law, or care to just meet the requirements is all. :(

Oh well I can’t buy from them, I should give them a call some time and explain it to them, and see if they’ll correct this.
After my transaction today I bet they would take the time to listen!

Reactions: BenMN and PipeIT

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
After my transaction today I bet they would take the time to listen!

Around a million and a half population, Hawaiian Cigar Cruises, Tour Vacations, etc., heck, even setting up a cigar or Fuente business in Hawaii. Seriously who’s not getting any of this. A World Class Tourist Destination and the cigar industry isn’t capitalizing on this. Someone is seriously a sleep behind the wheel, and I don’t just mean Fuente but the entire cigar world.

hmm 🤔

Speak Easy

Lifer
Jan 12, 2024
Western Oklahoma
Around a million and a half population, Hawaiian Cigar Cruises, Tour Vacations, etc., heck, even setting up a cigar or Fuente business in Hawaii. Seriously who’s not getting any of this. A World Class Tourist Destination and the cigar industry isn’t capitalizing on this. Someone is seriously a sleep behind the wheel, and I don’t just mean Fuente but the entire cigar world.

hmm 🤔
My brother and I were talking about this the other day. Because of the volcanic soil. Why isn’t tobacco grown in Hawaii also??

Reactions: PipeIT

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
My brother and I were talking about this the other day. Because of the volcanic soil. Why isn’t tobacco grown in Hawaii also??

Kauai Cigar Company grows their Filler tobacco on Kauai for their cigars, and then it gets rolled in Nicaragua, with Nicaraguan leaf.

I actually just spoke to them, they said the environment is good in Hawaii to grow everything, but for some reason, they only grow the filler tobacco in Kauai and make the cigars in Nicaragua.

Speak Easy

Lifer
Jan 12, 2024
Western Oklahoma
Kauai Cigar Company grows their Filler tobacco on Kauai for their cigars, and then it gets rolled in Nicaragua, with Nicaraguan leaf.

I actually just spoke to them, they said the environment is good in Hawaii to grow everything, but for some reason, they only grow the filler tobacco in Kauai and make the cigars in Nicaragua.
Cool stuff! Seems like there’s opportunities there🤷🏻‍♂️

AreBee

Can't Leave
Mar 12, 2024
Farmington, Connecticut USA
Damn you Thompson Cigar!

I opened up an old gmail inbox yesterday and found 35% discount code for Father's Day and free shipping.

I ordered a box of Four Kicks Capa Especial for $118. Impossible to pass up as I paid $225 for the same box last year from my local shop.

I also picked up a tin of Dunhill Scottish Mixture for under $9 after the discount.

Speak Easy

Lifer
Jan 12, 2024
Western Oklahoma
Damn you Thompson Cigar!

I opened up an old gmail inbox yesterday and found 35% discount code for Father's Day and free shipping.

I ordered a box of Four Kicks Capa Especial for $118. Impossible to pass up as I paid $225 for the same box last year from my local shop.

I also picked up a tin of Dunhill Scottish Mixture for under $9 after the discount.
Did you say free shipping! Lol gets me every time!

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN
Picked up a few Fuente "Unnamed Reserve" 2021 today at the local shop

1000002673.jpg
These were apparently rolled in 2016, then rested for 5 years until their 2021 release. I suppose they then sat and box-aged for a few more years until they landed in St. Paul. Excited to try! I probably won't wait too long...

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Land availability and cost?

There’s actually a lot of cheap land on the Big Island, you can buy one acre starting around $9K-10K, which is in heavy volcanic soil, my understanding is good for growing cigars.

Reactions: Speak Easy

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
There’s actually a lot of cheap land on the Big Island, you can buy one acre starting around $9K-10K, which is in heavy volcanic soil, my understanding is good for growing cigars.

Oooooh…a Cigar Farm…