PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdavid

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
I have 4 churchwardens and they are firmly in rotation. Hard to explain but there is just something about them. Definitely not a run-around pipe but perfect for a long sit, especially with a book (or iPad and hanging out here). Also, often used for the last pipe of the day just before beddy-bye time.
I did manage to snag an MM cob churchwarden but damn those things are always out of stock.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Love them. Been wanting to buy a Quandale and one of the Vauen Auenlands for quite some time. I'm not a clencher, so no problem there. I think they're great for smoking in the car: hold the pipe whilst resting your arm on the armrest (pun intended) and just twist your head to smoke it.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I have several churchwardens of various makes and models.
My rusticated Savinelli Qandale 626 is one of my favorite and most smoked pipes. It's just a joy to smoke.
Mind you I'm usually sitting in my backyard not doing a damned thing when I smoke.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I just HAD to have this Big Ben shortly after I began pipe smoking.
ben-338x600.jpg

I've smoked it maybe 5 times in 18 months. It's a beautiful pipe but less than practical for my average use.
That said, I'm happy to have it and I'm sure to find its niche some day.
jay-roger.jpg

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Tried to like them but couldn't due to length of the stem. Looked like s great way to smoke, but even when I didn't read or watch TV, the length continued to be cumbersome.

fordm60

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 19, 2014
I have three, two by Clark Layton, one by Vauen with a round tip grrrrrrr. I have a room I can smoke in and I love to sit out there and smoke the Layton's. The fishtail bit allows the CH to hang perfectly for reading, TV, or just plain thought skipping perfectly!
The LOTR Vauen with the round tip, my advice is stay away. I do not have the skill to clentch it lol. It is a wonderful pipe if my hands are free to Shepard it.
If your a smoke and move around type of Piper they are not practical. No fly-fishing with one lol but If your just floating a slow river lazing about well it would be amazing!!
Of course, YMMV.

Status
Not open for further replies.