PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I did not put up the tree this time. Just couldn't without my wife. I bought a little ceramic tree. She would have been pissed if I had not done that much.

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I will never use a plastic, tinsel tree. But, we take precautions with fresh cut trees and they are only lit for a short time when everyone is home. Never overnight. Tim, so you do not suggest using real candles as lights on our tree?
Also, Tim, we are unpacking boxes and found the box with the Weller 12s. Hopefully, pappy incoming to you soon.

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
My wife and I just brought home our annual Frasier Fir. We've been buying fresh trees from the same garden shop for decades. We get a three and half to four foot tree for our table-top display (better for easier trimming, and for dog safety). We love the smell and the look of the tree. I supplement the "room-note" of the holiday by using Frasier Fir essential oil in my Lampe Berger.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all my friends here on the Forum!

Dec 24, 2012
We went with an artifical tree starting a few years back. Our tree this year, decorated by my wonderful wife, is below:
AhebOA8.jpg

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
Looks beautiful, Peck, though I'm a little disappointed that the fireplace isn't being used! I grew up with a wood stove in the house when I was a kid, and installed one in my own house this year, so I'm biased and love burning wood.
Cosmic, I'm sure your "tree" smells wonderful and brings the warm Christmas feeling into the house :puffy:
Some years we do a live tree and then plant it on the property when we "take it down" for the season.
We got one of those about 20 years ago at my parents old house when I was in junior high or just starting high school. We planted it in the side yard after Christmas. I drove by that house this year, and the tree must be thirty feet tall by now.

markus

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 18, 2014
Bloomfield, IN
We haven't put up a real tree in years, instead it's a 7 foot, 3 piece, fake, pre-lit, plastic and wire fabricated beast that is supposed to be fire retardant (maybe).

This year however, my wife mentioned that she wanted a real tree again, because she missed the smell of it!
So... I put up the same old fake tree as always and bought her a pine scented candle to go with it... TAA DAAA, problem solved (for now)! :D

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Always fresh, when I did a tree. Noble one year and then, for my wife, a Scotch Pine the next. Now, it's over to kids' house when I need a tree fix. Unfortunately they have a fake tree. I will, during the season, stop by the greenhouse down the road and enjoy an hour of the smell and watching couples picking out the "right" tree.
It's a serious business picking just the right tree.

pipehunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 20, 2016
Have always had a real tree, usually cut down ourselves. Until last year. We moved to Florida and my wife insisted on getting a fake tree. I was surprised how much a really nice one cost. It looks nice, but I miss the smell. The kids don't seem to mind, which is the important part, I guess....

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Well, if you miss the smell, I found some really nice "ornaments" you can buy from Target that look like a piece of pine and smell just like a Christmas tree. Nothing smells better than the real thing, of course, and if you opt for the fake version, these ornaments are a good way to put that Christmas smell back into your home. I bought a few for my moms tree one year when she decided it was easier and cleaner in her older age to put up a fake tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.