PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That Guy, I'd guess your wife didn't grow up with a dog. If you could let her spend time around a litter of puppies, without having it be an adoption situation, you might come home with a puppy, or soon find one in your life. They often adopt their person, never mind what the human plan was. Apply no pressure. The puppy will handle it. Once it falls asleep in her lap ... you get the picture.

That Guy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 8, 2021
Central Florida
That Guy, I'd guess your wife didn't grow up with a dog. If you could let her spend time around a litter of puppies, without having it be an adoption situation, you might come home with a puppy, or soon find one in your life. They often adopt their person, never mind what the human plan was. Apply no pressure. The puppy will handle it. Once it falls asleep in her lap ... you get the picture.
Both me and my wife work alot and can be gone 12-14 hours during the day. We already have two cats that are low maintenance. I just like to tease her about a dog. One day when we are home more I'm sure we will. Thanks for the input thoughIMG_20210917_170948875.jpgIMG_20210918_142618233.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Alabama ... bravo! When the time is right, tell more, what's its name? Etc. It's smart to give it time with mama, to learn how to be a dog, and get all that good immunity from her milk. By the time you get back, mama will be relieved to see her little one gainfully employed.

That Guy, 'love your cats. They'd be deeply offended by a canine interloper. Yes, I'd let it be. I thought you might be pet-less. I can tell that one cat is a guitar virtuoso.

Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
Alabama ... bravo! When the time is right, tell more, what's its name? Etc. It's smart to give it time with mama, to learn how to be a dog, and get all that good immunity from her milk. By the time you get back, mama will be relieved to see her little one gainfully employed.

That Guy, 'love your cats. They'd be deeply offended by a canine interloper. Yes, I'd let it be. I thought you might be pet-less. I can tell that one cat is a guitar virtuoso.
The consensus for her name is Hazel, or Hazel Green.

I had to leave my cat, Banjo, at my former land and house because I wasn’t sure of his ability to transition.

timelord

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
Haven't had a dog since I was a teenager; not quite a rescue, he was actually my uncle's (mum's brother) but my uncle was emigrating to Australia and my mum immediately asked what the plans were for Sean (a rather mischievous Jack Russel cross) and then told her brother that they were unacceptable and we would adopt Sean.

Our cat wasn't too impressed at first but they soon sorted out their differences (and agreed to share the dog basket on cold nights).

Other than that my only experience of pet's was when I was returning from a business trip and phoned my now wife to confirm when I would be arriving back in London to be told we had a rabbit. I thought it an odd choice since we lived in an apartment but he was a bundle of fun (and very good at stripping wallpaper).

I've finally after 18 months had my Permanent Residence VIsa issue in Brazil; so we are now thinking about getting another four legged companion.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Hazel is a fine name for her. I'll be interested to hear more of her adventures when she takes up residence. She looks like a good healthy girl. I think you probably did the right thing for Banjo. Cats are intensely attached to their territory as their food source, often more so than to their people. Dogs are pack animals and are happy to travel as long as they have their people (or dog pack) surrounding them. Though kittens or young cats from the pound always look thrilled when you bring them home and let them examine their real estate and decide it's up to par. When I relocated our Clarissa, a young cat, in the nineties, she examined every square inch of the new house and discovered it was somewhat larger, she didn't have a problem and settled right in.

Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
Hazel is a fine name for her. I'll be interested to hear more of her adventures when she takes up residence. She looks like a good healthy girl. I think you probably did the right thing for Banjo. Cats are intensely attached to their territory as their food source, often more so than to their people. Dogs are pack animals and are happy to travel as long as they have their people (or dog pack) surrounding them. Though kittens or young cats from the pound always look thrilled when you bring them home and let them examine their real estate and decide it's up to par. When I relocated our Clarissa, a young cat, in the nineties, she examined every square inch of the new house and discovered it was somewhat larger, she didn't have a problem and settled right in.
Thank you for supporting my decision. The new owners said they would adopt as long as he was an outiside cat, which he is. While he had been neutered, he retained all four claws.

Okay, I will keep you informed and thank you for ask. She will be ready to pick up at the end of October.

I'd love to have another cat, but being in the city now, it might not be practical or even acceptable. My daughter's family live out in the country and have two cats. It is interesting to see their six month old Lab wrestle with the cat. They both appear to enjoy or at least the cat does not run off...LOL!!

WVOldFart

Lifer
Sep 1, 2021
Eastern panhandle, WV
Congratulations! Pets enlarge our lives so much. I had to put down my beloved German Shepherd 6 years ago and I still get misty eyed when I think of him. We got a Lab/Mix that is a wonderful, loving dog. He picked us. We went to a rescue center and all the other dogs were hyper or couldn't care less about us, but they brought a new van in with more dogs to show and when they opened the door to the van, Quincy looked around at everyone, ran to me, stood up and gave me a hug and then gave me his paw. I said "write him up, we're taking him home." We are so glad he picked us.