PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Here's an idea. Charlestowne Mall almost across the street from the Pheasnt Run. Last time I was there several years ago it was almost deserted. The exhibition hall can be in one of the empty anchor stores. Plenty of hotels and restaurants in the area. Plenty of parking and space for a smoking tent at the mall. Invite some food trucks too. Just a thought.

I recently watched a program where there is an empty mall somewhere in Ohio that is being filled up/used by different churches.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Methinks the organizers have been on this for some time, have several options already targeted, have done diligence, are going to present them at the next club meeting on the 25th, make a decision, and make an announcement. They'll need to be at this point to avoid losing some of the international vendors, who need to make their arrangements farther out than attendees.

Reactions: SpookedPiper

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Show Update 1.25.2020

At the present time, we are still contractually obligated to Pheasant Run until the new owners are established and we hear from them on their desire to host the show. Until such a time, we cannot confirm plans for an alternate venue.
In the meantime, we have bids from at least 2 other venues for the show. There will be a show the first weekend of May.
Please book your airfare. Once matters are settled with Pheasant Run, we will advise which hotel to make your reservations. We will provide details ASAP.

litup

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2015
Sacramento, CA
I appreciate the update. Do you recommend flying into Midway or O’Hare if one of the other venues is chosen? How about car rentals? Necessary or would an Uber suffice?

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
OHare is closer. If you plan on a few days and going anywhere, rent a car. If the show is your only goal, you can Uber around St. Charles to dinners assuming its there.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
So the plan as of now is there is no plan but go ahead and make plans?
I think the plan is to hold a show on the first weekend of May. Where is still a question. I hope that whatever this year's show ends up being, that it is a success. I won't be able to attend due to my work responsibilities. But I'd like to believe that there will be a show next year, when I'll be able to attend.

chilllucky

Lifer
Jul 15, 2018
Chicago, IL, USA
scoosa.com
The overarching plan is to host a helluva pipe show the first weekend in May.

There are actually several concurrent plans to make this happen being explored. The issue holding up the final choice and announcement is the contract with Pheasant Run, who are about to get new owners via an auction in 2-3 weeks. It won't be until after things are final with them that the club can say for sure which way things will go.

Like the man said, you are welcome to book travel. Accomodations are being worked out at a pace that is unfortunately not dictated by us.

Status
Not open for further replies.