PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Presbyterian without the warning label. ?
One of my favorite blends.

We purchased our two story house in 1987. We plan on downsizing to one level in four years when my wife retires. Just the thought of packing everything up and moving makes me dizzy.

Good luck with your move.

Reactions: BROBS and RonB

RonB

Can't Leave
Jan 17, 2021
Southeast Pennsylvania

We purchased our two story house in 1987. We plan on downsizing to one level in four years when my wife retires. Just the thought of packing everything up and moving makes me dizzy.

We've been in our house for almost 30 years and filled it with too much stuff. We are in the process of going through it all, and getting rid of half of it. I knew it was going to be a lot of work but I really underestimated how much. I found that the closer the move date comes, the more likely you are to get rid of things you might be on the fence about.

burleybreath

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2019
Finger Lakes area, New York, USA
When my parents ascended to eternal bliss, I was designated executor, house cleaner-outer and seller. Both parents were full-blown hoarders. You know, like mental institution candidates? It was a two-story house, but really four, as far as I was concerned, with the attic and basement included. All rooms were stuffed with useless decaying crap. Amazing how gravity and an open window can facilitate old house cleaning. Nevertheless, I developed a strong aversion to moving after that episode for some reason. I mean I really, really hate it. The only thing worse is helping someone else move. In recent years I've only done that for sex; i.e., my girlfriend--and I'm starting to question that. In any event, another vote for ranch-style homes.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA

It sucks nuts man. Start packing now lol

• Haha
Reactions: scloyd and RonB

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
When my parents ascended to eternal bliss, I was designated executor, house cleaner-outer and seller. Both parents were full-blown hoarders. You know, like mental institution candidates? It was a two-story house, but really four, as far as I was concerned, with the attic and basement included. All rooms were stuffed with useless decaying crap. Amazing how gravity and an open window can facilitate old house cleaning. Nevertheless, I developed a strong aversion to moving after that episode for some reason. I mean I really, really hate it. The only thing worse is helping someone else move. In recent years I've only done that for sex; i.e., my girlfriend--and I'm starting to question that. In any event, another vote for ranch-style homes.
Been in this house for 17 years. Both my son's grew up here. Talk about crap piling up. No place to put my foot into storage spaces. Mostly toys and baby furnitures we didn't feel like throwing out. Thought about yard sale. Don't want other kids getting hurt from old toys and furnitures. Not sure what to do with 'em.

OneGoodBulldog

Can't Leave
Nov 2, 2020
That Peterson army mount looks like it needs work. Tell you what, send it to me and I'll smoke a bunch of flake out of it for a few years and let you know how it worked.