PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I don't envy your moving. Far too many things to do, far too many things to remember. It gets done though you have no choice. Last August, moving to a smaller place, I threw out a ton of stuff. The local dump has multiple stations at which you are supposed to leave the corresponding items. When they were watching , I complied, mostly they didn't, at which point I dumped stuff anywhere, being out of time and energy.

I hope your new place works out and that you survive the move in the meantime.

Oh, if you're needing to downsize, you could send your surplus tins my way. Just a thought.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
I don't envy your moving. Far too many things to do, far too many things to remember. It gets done though you have no choice. Last August, moving to a smaller place, I threw out a ton of stuff. The local dump has multiple stations at which you are supposed to leave the corresponding items. When they were watching , I complied, mostly they didn't, at which point I dumped stuff anywhere, being out of time and energy.

I hope your new place works out and that you survive the move in the meantime.

Oh, if you're needing to downsize, you could send your surplus tins my way. Just a thought.
Moving to same size house, but ranch style. My wife thinks I'll be falling down more frequently in near future.

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Where's your sense of adventure? When I moved last August I moved to the second floor and need to climb 17 stairs to get to my apartment. Not bad if I'm not carrying anything, but groceries?

As in so many things, an opportunity to practice acceptance, or what the Tibetans call patience. Hell, the Dalai Lama is even patient with the Chinese.

Bullet08, sorry about your dizziness and falling. Are you good at falling, meaning are you able to fall without breaking bones?

My mom is 87 and falls but won't use a cane. She manages her frailties with denial.

Ethan

Can't Leave
Feb 15, 2021
Massachusetts, USA
Get dizzy often. Fall down occasionally. Better than before, but I'm only getting older. lol.
I hear rumors that "getting old is not for the weak" I have my own issues I am dealing with...at a earlier age than I might have expected. My DR. seems to really enjoy telling me I not young anymore. All the best

Reactions: bullet08

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Where's your sense of adventure? When I moved last August I moved to the second floor and need to climb 17 stairs to get to my apartment. Not bad if I'm not carrying anything, but groceries?

As in so many things, an opportunity to practice acceptance, or what the Tibetans call patience. Hell, the Dalai Lama is even patient with the Chinese.

Bullet08, sorry about your dizziness and falling. Are you good at falling, meaning are you able to fall without breaking bones?

My mom is 87 and falls but won't use a cane. She manages her frailties with denial.
Fully practiced in AKD. Break falls are pretty good x)

Reactions: kcghost

KafkaStoleMyBike

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 10, 2020
Dallas, TX
Nice collection, but I don’t envy the process. I’m moving to a smaller place this coming week while the Better-Half moves to the East Coast for a year or so.

I hate moving but enjoy unpacking, if that makes any sense. It’s a clean slate to (re)organize all my books and art and tobacco and such.