PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I'm not up to date on all the details but I thought the FDA was putting the clamp on post 2007 flavored tobacco's like this. If that's the case I'm wondering why Captain Black would introduce this product just as the new rules are fixing to take effect. I know in the machine made cigar world all these fruity flavors are marketed for potheads to mix their weed with. I'm not for banning any type of tobacco product no matter how disgusting I think the flavor is but I'm just wondering who the Captain is marketing this stuff to.
They can sell this horrid stuff for 18 months or so, and they're probably trying to appeal to the youth market.
To sum it up succinctly, BARF!

jmatt

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 25, 2014
Occasionally Haddo's Delight starts tasting/smelling grape to me. When it does, I cannot smoke it at all. I'd hate to run into something that tasted grape on purpose.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Seems to me that Capt. Black has just given some more ammo to the anti-smoking nazis. Now they can point to pipe tobacco as being marketed to the youth of the country with flavors such as grape tobacco.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
Grimace_grip_sip_purple_drank.jpg

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
Grape should appeal to the kids who are always eating Skittles.
Most likely targeted to hipsters who roll their own.
Maybe to mix with pot for the druggies.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Seems to me that Capt. Black has just given some more ammo to the anti-smoking nazis. Now they can point to pipe tobacco as being marketed to the youth of the country with flavors such as grape tobacco.
What I referred to above, and as some one else commented, are they trying to piss of the FDA? Not an intelligent move.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Have to say the most wild thing to me about it is Captain Black Grape actually ghosted the couple of cobs I had it in. People tend to say cobs don't ghost, but with this Captain Black Grape I was searching the yellow pages for the Ghostbusters number. When you're trying to enjoy a Virginia blend this Captain Black Grape certainly isn't Casper the friendly ghost.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
A grape ghost. I always thought I might try this for a lark, maybe in an order for pouches of Five Brothers and Wild Atlantic, but if its gone all Lakeland aromatic on us, no. Other fruit-based aros like citrus and apple liqueur have been done well, and plum is a classic, so grape might work, but not if it comes with a ghost. Keep us posted to keep us from being ghosted.

901blends

Lurker
Apr 23, 2018
It's easy to hate on Grape.
But it's easy to enjoy it as well. It's basically a dry Shisha like smoke.
Mix it with your favorite English blend and just a little dark fired kentucky. It cuts the grape presence by half and adds smoky goodness. Captain Bob's goes with Perique but Dark Fired is the perfection of the Grapa-kia mixture.

anantaandroscoggin

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2017
Greene, Maine, USA
If you're picturing the taste/smell of Grape Nehi soda pop, that ain't it. More of a pouch note similar to a just-opened jar of grape jelly. Didn't seem particularly sweet while smoking it -- to my taste buds, anyway.

bonanzadriver

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2016
Sounds like something being made available to the Mary Jane crowd, not unlike Blunts, whose intent, as I understand it, is to pull the edge off of harsh weed.
Just a thought.....

Status
Not open for further replies.