PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Thirteen bucks and change U.S. for a burner most people would've binned.
Nice job, Saint. It might not be the prettiest pig in the pen but you resurrected the dead with that Dunhill and I hope she smokes like a champ.
Really good work, pal.
Fnord

joshb83

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2015
Amazing work! Love seeing the refabs! Looking forward to picking up a few "beaters" and giving the resto a try. Worse comes to worse is only be out a few bucks:) great improvement! I wish you many great smokes!!

menuhin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2014
Another resurrection, and this time by StValentine! :puffy:
I myself dare not to think about a Dunnie (or any pipe) like this condition, but you dare, given with your skills and your guts. Now I would look more carefully in pipes that I previously thought as 'certified dead'.

:twisted:

stvalentine

Jan 13, 2015
Northern Germany
Hahaha, thank you everyone! :D
@Menuhin: You´re too kind! After all the restos I read about and the one´s I´ve performed there is no such thing as a "certified dead" pipe. :wink:
@brass: I didn´t stop the time but it must have been not more than about two and a half hours. Not counting the curing time or the hours the cotton balls with alcohol need to do their work it´s quite easy to complete a pipe in one evening. I would complete more pipes if I wouldn´t waste my time on pipe forums though... :wink: :lol: :lol:

stvalentine

Jan 13, 2015
Northern Germany
Thank you guys! Smoked it for the first time yesterday night. Unfortunately it was a less than pleasurable affair. I don´t know if it was me or the pipe but I will try it again tonight. Tobaccos tasted funny but maybe this will improve after break in of the Dunnie. Technically all was well though.

stvalentine

Jan 13, 2015
Northern Germany
Thank you nsfisher! The next bowl with a Latakia blend was fine and you are exactly right - nice and slow and it is a great smoker indeed! :puffy:

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Hell of a job with that restoration. It just may need a few bowls run through it to get it smoking great again. Do not give up on it as it may become one of your best smokers. If is also possible that is was badly ghosted with a lakeland blend so keep at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.