PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I have enough to last me 40 years. I'm still expanding the depth for a few of my favorite blends, half a dozen or so. And then you have special releases, small batches, etc. that come out from time to time. I've probably bought a 1/4 this year compared to what I had purchased a year ago at this time. Tobacco is still so cheap, not a big deal.

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
You know it's funny. Sometimes I look at my cellar (25-30lbs roughly) and ask myself "what the hell is wrong with me?!? Look at all this effing tobacco!!" Then at other times I look at it and think "hmmm. Will this last me as long as I'd like it to? Will my smoking increase as I become less busy in life? ( Kids move out, retirement... Blah blah) nope! Not gonna cut it! Lmao. I have slowed down quite a bit and will only buy if there is some sort of sale on now. The Canadian dollar is absolute shit right now, so it's not cheap any way I look at it.

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
I say I'm complete.....until someone comes along with a new Virginia & Oriental Flake, or a miracle occurs and Germain Brown Flake and Stonehaven come back from the land of the leal.

Reactions: smudgersmissingleg

Tommy Boy

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 28, 2020
Michigan
Still kinda new only been puffing a pipe about 4 years. The first few years i bought whatever sounded good to me without rhyme or reason and only went through 3 or 4 tins a year. Now i have a few blends i like and I'm starting to by more of while still looking. Started buying mac baren vanilla cream and luxury bullseye flake in bulk and have a few #'s each. Small stash of G.L.Ps quiet nights, Druqures and sons Prince's blend & inns of court, cults blood red moon in tins so far. Along with a bunch of randoms in jars left over that didn't cetch my eye at the time.

Reactions: smudgersmissingleg

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Mostly done, but buying a couple things here and there, new releases that interest me or stuff ive been interested im for a while but never found.

At this point my cellar will probably outlive me, but who knows. Always better to have too much than not enough.....for most things anyway, hahaha.

ram74

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2013
I am almost done with big purchases but will always be adding or selling small parts of my inventory. Most of what I buy now is aged tobacco. If I find a batch of aged tobacco that I stock fresh I will sell some of the fresh inventory. For example I bought 10 tins of Low Country Cooper in 2017 but recently bought 10 tins from 2010. I will sell 6 of the 2017 tins to reduce inventory. Some blends I no longer like as much I also sell off for example GLP English blends I no longer like as much since I started smoking HU English blends. Now I am cellaring HU to replace the GLP blends. I stock about 30+ years worth of tobacco and that will shrink as I get older. I need to do a good inventory but I would guess I am at about 120-140 pounds of tobacco but I am not sure.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Coming into the pipe from vaping, with full awareness of the FDA deeming crap, I hit the ground running and built a sizeable cellar in the first couple of years.

I've now slowed way down, but am still adding here and there.

I am primarily non-aro and I like most entries in that category, so I've cellared wider than deep.

I intend to add some depth with a few favorites with my remaining time.

Honestly, if retail availability ended tomorrow, I'd likely not notice until my end of days.

1588133111851.png

Jun 9, 2018
England
My cellar currently stands at around 30lb. It's very wide but shallow, I'm hoping to correct that a bit over the next couple of years. I want to go deep on British blends that are readily available to me. When I say deep I mean 500g, I realise that is nothing to some of the chaps on here who buy pounds & pounds of a certain blend but it's all relative, I probably only smoke 30 tins or so a year.
You've got to remember price is a factor as well, tobacco is a lot more expensive in England than it is in the US.

I definitely want to stock up on some Germain's and Gawith Blends. I'm a big Ennerdale fan and I aged 50g for two years and it really made a difference, the flakes went very dark and it tasted better when I did a side by side comparison with some fresh. I'd always been led to believe aromatics lost their flavour over time but to my taste buds the aged had a fuller/stronger flavour. I'd be interested to see what five to ten years would do to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.