PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

badbriar

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 17, 2012
Suncoast Florida by the Beach
So where is everyone with their cellar stocks? Any of these fit the mould...

Went way overboard - need to sell to get things under control. :cry:
You are finished - not looking any longer - have what you like / need. :sher:
You are pretty much done, but may add one here & there to fill a few holes. puffy
Close, but adding regularly. Mostly cherry picking at this point, but when the right thing comes along, you go deep. :col:
Still building with reckless abandon! Going all out to beat the Feds and insane pending restrictions & laws. bdw
If it sounds good, if it gets a good review or f it is available, you buy, buy, buy! And - you haven't tried any of those yet! cray
I need a small business loan first - ! ;)
What's a cellar??? ?

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
Followed Tom’s advice to try lots of blends, for the first year or two. A bit over a year in, I have 80 blends, from 50g to 400g each. Nothing over a pound.

But that means I haven’t even settled in to a consistent palate, but I have enough tobacco for more than a decade, maybe two. I might just keep doing this until the end of year two and then I’ll be all set.

• I will possibly be smoking for another 30 years.
  • I have not planned ever to build a cellar which would last 30 years, and possibly never will.
  • My target cellar depth is about 8-9 years worth of smoke
  • My current cellar depth is about 5 years
  • So a little more regular buying, before I slow down - but I have slowed down a bit already
  • All in all my cellar size is between 25-30 lbs now. As per plan I will smoke about 180 lbs in my lifetime

peregrinus

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Pacific Northwest
I have had more than an ample cellar for some time.
Still, I find myself intrigued from time to time while perusing this site and find myself buying a few things I don’t really need, but want to try. If I buy too much (e.g. Estervals) I then sell a few tins I won’t smoke (via @pipestud ) to mentally/financially compensate.

Reactions: cshubhra and 3rdguy

brassmonkey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2018
Still increasing the cellar here, I aim to adhere to my T.A.P (Tobacco Acquisition Plan) and make a monthly purchase. I figure I may only have until 2025 to purchase all I need for the future before the Government's 'Smoke Free 2025' comes into effect. Though luckily all my purchases have snuck in under the radar so far. Pipe tobacco is virtually unavailable here in New Zealand.

Status
Not open for further replies.