PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
View attachment 192404

Don't let the sweet little floofball fool you.

Cuteness and adorability were her main weapons.

"Don't tease her" said kcghost to a guy who was intent on getting a reaction by tickling her foot. He couldn't resist the allure of the sweet little kitty on the shelf next to him within arm's reach, you see.

The human tried again.

kcghost advised a second time that it was a bad idea.

But the human persisted, unable to resist the adorable floofball's floofy foot. A little touch here, another touch there... he wanted to interact with the kitty.

Then, without warning, he jerked his hand back at supersonic speed and stared in awe at a drop of blood on his thumb.

The floofball didn't even shift position, never mind get up or leave. She just glared at the inferior lifeform/human for a moment and slowly turned her head away. The photons reflected by him were clearly of a disagreeable type.

"Some people just don't listen," said kcghost.
She is so adorable!

Reactions: romaso

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW
My wife, had she read this thread, would have insisted that I pass along the warning that a very poisonous hazard to cats during this season are Poinsettia plants.
Yes, and Lillies are the worst! Cats don't have to eat them, just brush against the stamens and then lick that spot to be hurt.

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW
My cat exits stage left when I breakout the tobac but protect the pipe cleaners, mine are under every piece of furniture in the house. I should be thankful that there is no longer a need to purchase any more cat toys.
I have to hide my pipe cleaners from my cats, I use plastic pencil boxes. One cat fetches them when thrown, and will carry them around the house. He loves it when I give him a new one, he reshapes them into little sculptures!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My cats will occasionally chew at house plants, cut flowers, and other vegetable matter, and they are serene about my smoking and like to watch the smoke rise in the air. But as others have mentioned, they are extraordinarily finicky about anything they actually eat, discerning between brands of cat food, flavors of a specific brand, and even rejecting some of the meat or fish we offer them that we have eaten ourselves.

My wife takes a number of prescriptions and occasionally drops one or two on the floor. I'm happy to say, the cats only take an interest in fish oil capsules, and leave the rest of them (which could be possibly toxic to cats) alone. Items like aspirin and borax have to be carefully handled to keep them away from cats.

My cats have never showed the least interest in or attraction to tobacco as an edible. They don't even exam it or sniff it to see if it is tasty. To them, it isn't food. However, few animals are as individualistic as cats, so you may have to watch your particular cat and see if it agrees with this assessment.

Misanthrope

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2020
Texas
Avoid blends seasoned with catnip and you should be good to go. However, if you're the sort that lets pipes rest for a significant amount of time, you're gonna want to check your bowl before packing to ensure there are no cat hair tribbles breeding in them. Oh, and be warned that pipe cleaners are often an irresistible toy, and unsecured ones have a tendency to show up in the weirdest places and in hilarious shapes.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Also since our cat "Kitkat" found us and we brought her home, we can't have anything on any table, counter, or bar without her knocking it off. Luckily I made it known that she's not allowed on my pipe cabinet. She's never knocked any pipes of mine on the ground, but my single folding pipe stand has been knocked off. And that's the one my current pipe to smoke sits on.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
This is my daily tobacco drying tray.
PXL_20230106_233205157.MP.jpg

4 little magnets hold the lid on, and there's places for filters, your pipe, cleaners, etc. Even a spot for....a jar or drink! And the magnets are strong enough for short travel distances.
PXL_20230106_233223633.MP.jpg

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
Also since our cat "Kitkat" found us and we brought her home, we can't have anything on any table, counter, or bar without her knocking it off. Luckily I made it known that she's not allowed on my pipe cabinet. She's never knocked any pipes of mine on the ground, but my single folding pipe stand has been knocked off. And that's the one my current pipe to smoke sits on.
Cats will be cats, just have to do damage control 😂