PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Well, the problem is that any blend will go dead on the palate if it's the only one smoked. And without pipe cleaners my one pipe is going to be a nasty bog. And what about matches or a lighter?
I'd have to build a raft and get the hell out of there.
Until then, I'd go with Flor de Cano Rothschilds.
You didn't say that it had to be pipe tobacco...

mrbigglesworth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 1, 2015
Winston Salem, NC
I'll go with good ol' Lane 1Q. I know there are a-plenty good blends out there, but for me this one is just like a good and steady friend.
Yes, woodsroad, that Gilligan was a very lucky man! (sigh...)

redpanda

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 11, 2015
Sablebrush 52: Well, the problem is that any blend will go dead on the palate if it's the only one smoked.
I understand famous Danish pipe carver Tom Eltang (one example) smokes nothing but Orlik GS, and has for many many years (or always).

I don't even know what that Flor De cano Rothschild thing is but if it is a tobacco product, sure why not.

I would go with a Balkan, maybe Whiteknight, something that I could separate out same colored leaf to make different tasting smokes, like separate out all of the Virginia, or put more latakia in at times. Hey, if I'm stranded, I have time. And, if we are stranded without bathrooms or soap, the latakia will most likely be the best smelling thing about us.
And, I would need a good bamboo pipe, for that Gilligan's Island aesthetic.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I understand famous Danish pipe carver Tom Eltang (one example) smokes nothing but Orlik GS, and has for many many years (or always).
Don't believe what you read. He's also put out a line of tobaccos, and none of them resemble Orlik GS. Smokers have found smoking them...challenging.
I don't even know what that Flor De cano Rothschild thing is but if it is a tobacco product, sure why not.
Excellent! Than I shall not be bored. It is an exquisite Cuban cigar and remains the best damned smoke, in any form, that I have enjoyed on the face of this big blue marble.

redpanda

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 11, 2015
Sablebrush52: Flor De Cano Rothschild it is then !! No pipe for you on the island.:)

plugugly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 9, 2015
Only one? That's easy. And I know you will all agree.

Any VIRGINia will do quite nicely.
Plugugly

brudnod

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 26, 2013
Great Falls, VA
I would go with Old Shenandoah #76. Great regular smoke and you can save up the tins to aid with a flotation device to get off the island. However, if Ginger was there (and she looks much smarter and, if possible, hotter in that picture) I might rethink the get-off-the-island thing...

brudnod

Aug 26, 2013
Great Falls, VA
I would go with Old Shenandoah #76. Great regular smoke and you can save up the tins to aid with a flotation device to get off the island. However, if Ginger was there (and she looks much smarter and, if possible, hotter in that picture) I might rethink the get-off-the-island thing...

brudnod

Aug 26, 2013
Great Falls, VA
Sorry, that was weird, it did not show up at first. Sorry, first technical slip-up. Not to say I have not made lots of stupid remarks...

jruthledge

Might Stick Around
Feb 17, 2015
Dunhill Flake.
And do we have to have a woman? I'm going through a separation right now and I'd appreciate the time alone. In fact, unlimited time alone and an unlimited supply of my favorite pipe tobacco... If you can figure out how to make this happen, sign me up!

ccdeere

Might Stick Around
May 15, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Ok, I know you said one choice but I'm going with two different ones dependent on situation:
Overall at this time I'd want a vat of Frofmortons Cellar.....but if the lovely lady was persnickety about smell and I wanted to ensure some...warm nights then I'd go with Old Toby from Country Squire.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Gentlemen, I would only really need a supply of C&D Buffalo Soldier. Tangy red Virginia, large dose of figgy perique, and a splash Of La-Tah-kia. A frickin' hidden gem on a deserted island.

Status
Not open for further replies.