PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

redpanda

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 11, 2015
That is exactly the reason I started this post. How interesting. Half of the blends mentioned so far I have not even heard of. Keep it coming !

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Hmm...toughie. I'd have to go with S.G.'s Full Virginia Flake (FVF). I figure since virginia's get better with age the thought of being stranded on an island indefinitely would be psychologically easier to cope with if I knew that over time my tobacco would get better and better. If I hit the 10 year mark on a deserted island I'd like to celebrate with a supremely aged virginia rather than a latakia-heavy blend that was past its prime. That would be depressing. :)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
C&D Billy Budd, but I sure would dream of fifty or sixty others I enjoy a lot. Nat Sherman 536, Nightcap, PC Chestnut, Old Joe Krantz, Old Dark Fired ....

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
GL Pease Westminister. This woman on this particular island won't want to be with a man who smokes a baccy largely to please her! Bring on the Lat!

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
I would probably go with El Ricon de la Pipa #1, it's my daily smoke, never lets me down, it has turkish izmir, really high quality Va's (I'm pretty sure one of them is SG Kendal flake) burley, unsweetened cavendish and just a hint of lat. It never seems to get boring for me.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Although there are other tobaccos I actually like better, if I had to smoke one and only one forever -- FMOTT.
(I.e., I like Penzance better than FMOTT, but wouldn't want an unrelenting diet of it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.