PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarheel1

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2014
@cfreud I dont know. I miss the days when it was pretty easy to get a hold of. It was a huge shock when I came back to pipe smoking in 2014 from a short break in 2010 that it was hard to get a hold of. It is crazy and there really is no reason except people buying it out when it comes up for sale to gouge others in resale. I have given away or traded 6 tins in the past few months and they were aged from 1999. Probably should not have done it as I only have about 6 oz in jars and one tin left.

redpanda

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 11, 2015
mso489: I have been very curious to try this Semoi tabac. I know it is burley, grown in France and it comes in 3 types of cut. Coarse, normal and fine. I exchanged numerous email with them and they refused to send me some. I guess they expected me to order a few pounds of it.

aggravatedfarmer

Sep 9, 2015
Depends on the deserted island. Tropical, OGS. Does it resemble Canada? Sutlif R Blend. Syria? Frog Accross the pond. England? Sixpence.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Depends on the deserted island.
Yeah, can we pick our island? Sounds like a Huxley novel.
I'll still probably go with Royal Yacht. Stubbornness as a character flaw, I guess!
Then again, being exiled to the coast of Ireland with a vat of Stirling Flake could be a lot of fun...

redpanda

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 11, 2015
The location is not of great importance here, nor is the climate. It is about getting to the core of the matter, and choosing one blend that you could smoke forever if you had to and be satisfied with it. The island may be tropical or northern, the women can be blond, dark, tall..etc. whatever you wish for, but it would still not change the fact you will have to live with one tobacco only. So if it's Penzance you want, Penzance it is,and lots of it, but it is Penzance only, untill you are bored to death with it. If you can ever get bored of it..

aggravatedfarmer

Sep 9, 2015
What if you never had Penzance? Would someone be willing to "donate" a tin to see if I can live with it for the rest of my life??? Also. What is going on with the alcohol and food situation? If I'm on an island I better have the endless beer tap and buffet. Especially if I'm stuck with a Semois blend.

jaydublin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 11, 2015
Today I would have to go with Escudo. Ask me in a month and I'd probably say something else - but I doubt I'd be too unhappy with that original choice.

Mar 1, 2014
Trouble is I can fill the "single blend old codger" roll way too easily. Routine is almost as important as the experience itself.

5 Brothers, 1Q, heck, I'd probably be happy puffing on straight unflavored black cavendish, and then I'd try curing every part of every non-human thing on the island.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
What is going on with the alcohol and food situation? If I'm on an island I better have the endless beer tap and buffet. Especially if I'm stuck with a Semois blend.
With unlimited beer and buffet, we are going to have to assign you a personal trainer. No, not Sophie the 22 year old Danish treat, but Ivan, the 40 year old Russian ex KGB drill sergeant who seems to enjoy making grown men buckle under his regime of exercises and bread and water diets. He no longer does water boarding, though. He smokes "Very cheery cherry mix"

shawnofthedead

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 5, 2015
I think the question we failed to ask is what do you mean by "one tobacco"? Do you mean we can choose one blend of tobacco with unlimited supply or very large supply; or one tin of tobacco. If the answer is the latter, then my answer would be a 16-oz tin of G.L. Pease Westminster.

redpanda

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 11, 2015
Shawn: I meant you could have one blend. Unlimited supply, but just one blend...

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Absolutely! There will be a supply of same until the re-formulation of said mag. Soon you can really sub to it for the articles.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
St. Bruno flake of course, preferably sensually rubbed out for me by a bikini clad Christina Hendricks (that red head off mad men) aahhh pipe dreams!

tarheel1

Oct 16, 2014
@aggravatedfarmer sorry I have given awa 6 tins so far this year and dont have enough for myself or I would. If you ever near me then I will let you have some out of one of my small mason jars, but you have to remember it is aged 16 years.

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
I assume that in this scenario I'm trying to get off said Island so I would pick Penzance so that I could hitch a ride with one of the stampeding hoards that would surely come looking for some. In the event that I was truly stranded I would have to pick something like P.S. Proper English or perhaps Baby's Bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.