PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
That's actually my dad's car, '70 T. He is the original owner. He also has a diamond blue metallic '89 Carrera. I have a red '86 Carrera Targa and a burgandy '87.5 928S. I rebuilt and drove a green '73 914 in high school. You would think by now I'd have a Porsche pipe. I just transferred a bunh of pics to my external hard drive including the cars named above but i missed a couple of the 70. Here's a fewIMG_3580.jpgIMG_3575.jpg more I missed.

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
“Tobacco Row “Richmond Virginia USA
That's actually my dad's car, '70 T. He is the original owner. He also has a diamond blue metallic '89 Carrera. I have a red '86 Carrera Targa and a burgandy '87.5 928S. I rebuilt and drove a green '73 914 in high school. You would think by now I'd have a Porsche pipe. I just transferred a bunh of pics to my external hard drive including the cars named above but i missed a couple of the 70. Here's a fewView attachment 310615View attachment 310614 more I missed.
Gorgeous, always wanted one And especially late 60’s through early 70’s even a 912. Just a lovely car. I had a neighbor with a 928 that was beautiful. You don’t see many but when you do you know it.

Reactions: Nevaditude

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Definitely, it’s fantastic and I would’ve overlooked it entirely had it not been for your previous description and recommendation of it. Thank you for that as well .
I haven’t but I think I may have a tin tucked away. I understand it is very grapey
CBG is like Celephaïs ultra light.

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
Gorgeous, always wanted one And especially late 60’s through early 70’s even a 912. Just a lovely car. I had a neighbor with a 928 that was beautiful. You don’t see many but when you do you know it.
The long hoods are special cars. I think 912s are super cool. My dad's first Porsche was a tangerine '68 912. He was actually on the market for a Jaguar E Type. He test drove two and both broke down during the test drive. He went across the street to the Porsche dealership and the rest is history. Speaking of 912s, we swapped out the 5 speed in the '70 for a 912 4 speed. Still have the 5 speed. The 5 speed has reverse under first where as the four speed goes from first straight down to second. Better shift pattern for low to mid range fun. We do all of the work ourselves.

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
You know, Captain Bob’s Blend has been available forever, and I’ve never seen anyone mention it.
Methinks this CBG craze is internet metoo hooey.
I thought this had been discontinued. Guess in tin form it has. At least it is available in bulk. One of my favorite Aros that I have not let myself smoke thinking it couldn't be replaced. Thanks. For what it is worth, how is the CBG compared to Captain Bob's? Just curious, don't plan on trying it.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
image.jpgI can’t imagine anyone not enjoying this blend. If one doesn’t, then it probably might have more to do with walking around trying to sniff the air above the trees.

🌲

If it were something that was always available, I would keep a tub around for smoking every now and then. The two tubs I have will last me for a while. I’ll get a few more if they become available.

Jun 18, 2020
Wilmington, NC
That's actually my dad's car, '70 T. He is the original owner. He also has a diamond blue metallic '89 Carrera. I have a red '86 Carrera Targa and a burgandy '87.5 928S. I rebuilt and drove a green '73 914 in high school. You would think by now I'd have a Porsche pipe. I just transferred a bunh of pics to my external hard drive including the cars named above but i missed a couple of the 70. Here's a fewView attachment 310615View attachment 310614 more I missed.
I had a 75 914. Fun as shit to drive, but not fast at all lol

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
“Tobacco Row “Richmond Virginia USA
The long hoods are special cars. I think 912s are super cool. My dad's first Porsche was a tangerine '68 912. He was actually on the market for a Jaguar E Type. He test drove two and both broke down during the test drive. He went across the street to the Porsche dealership and the rest is history. Speaking of 912s, we swapped out the 5 speed in the '70 for a 912 4 speed. Still have the 5 speed. The 5 speed has reverse under first where as the four speed goes from first straight down to second. Better shift pattern for low to mid range fun. We do all of the work ourselves.
A girlfriend in High School had a 69 912 in 🍆 eggplant color, A glorious car! I almost bought an xke as a young Private in the Army. Almost, being almost every penny I had at the time.

• Love
Reactions: FurCoat

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
Would that be considered a bobber?
Many choppers are made without shocks and with very simple drive trains and brakes. Honda, for whatever reason, decided a decade ago, to make a true chopper but with disk brakes and a drive shaft. But for all intensive purposes, the rake, the look of the seat and gas tank, and the V-Twin, all make the grade. Aftermarket companies sell fixtures to increase the rake even more, but, at some point that becomes unwieldy.