PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
You can still buy capstan full strength! £10.29 for a pack of 20 or cartons for little over £100. (My smoking shop). As well as many other old brands like woodbines,players etc.

I remember smoking a pack of these 'lung bleeders' years ago, much prefer capstan flake (blue) nowadays of course, always buy loads when I'm in Spain. At 5-6 euros a tin what's not to like!

jorgesoler

Can't Leave
Dec 3, 2014
You can still buy capstan full strength! £10.29 for a pack of 20 or cartons for little over £100. (My smoking shop).
It seems like they don't sell the brown tin anymore, whether at my smoking shop or anywhere else.
always buy loads when I'm in Spain. At 5-6 euros a tin
I am from Spain myself and yes, you are right, it only costs €6.80 whereas in the UK you'll pay £12.90 for the same tin. However, this is affecting tobacco in all ranges and not only Capstan. As I live in the UK, I import all of my tobacco from Spain to avoid paying for any unwanted tax. I am not being cheeky, but if there were not tax hells, there would be no tax heavens.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
I was actually referring to capstan full strength cigarettes, not the pipe tobacco. Also, not wanting to pull you up on your grammar old boy, being Spanish an all. But the phrase is 'tax haven' not 'tax heaven'.

Status
Not open for further replies.