PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
After all this talk and since I haven’t had it before, I decided to crack a tin of the Blue Ready Rubbed. Nice grassy aroma but first thought upon seeing it was - man, that’s a lot of stems! I purchase a couple tins each of the Blue RR and Gold Flake when they were on sale somewhere.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
After all this talk and since I haven’t had it before, I decided to crack a tin of the Blue Ready Rubbed. Nice grassy aroma but first thought upon seeing it was - man, that’s a lot of stems! I purchase a couple tins each of the Blue RR and Gold Flake when they were on sale somewhere.
I’ve never had the RR I always figured it was scraps from the flakes.

biz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 7, 2020
Florida
I believe the point biz was trying to make is that CB is expensive in relation to the price of other blends at twice the price per ounce. I'm sure this translates in prices in countries outside the US. Could be the quality of the leaf or the process, who knows
Yes, I will only sample a different product if reasonably priced. I already have favorites. I don't need another tobacco in my cellar. I do like to try small samples for fun.

shaneireland

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 14, 2014
Conway, SC
www.smokingpipes.com
I wonder. They were out of the Flake bc of the sale.
I’ve never had the RR I always figured it was scraps from the flakes.
I actually prefer the Ready Rubbed. It’s definitely just flakes that have been tumbled. To be fair, I’ve only been smoking both the Flake and RR from 2013, for the last 8 years. The additional surface area and larger tin (more oxygen) seem to have been kinder to the RR and since I rarely fold n’ stuff, it’s just easier.

BrokenRecord

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 26, 2020
PNW, US
I actually prefer the Ready Rubbed. It’s definitely just flakes that have been tumbled. To be fair, I’ve only been smoking both the Flake and RR from 2013, for the last 8 years. The additional surface area and larger tin (more oxygen) seem to have been kinder to the RR and since I rarely fold n’ stuff, it’s just easier.
Gasp....I thought gentlemen only use the fold and stuff method for flake tobaccos.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Is there any chance of us being able to get our hands on the bulk 500g boxes here in the US?

good to know about the ready rubbed. I was mainly teasing about the scraps... ?