BrightDarkEyes

Can't Leave
Mar 16, 2024
Shuswap, British Columbia
I love the Canadian shape. Here are mine:
1. Vauen Luxus 300 with a blue dot,
vulcanite stem and no filter.
2. Savinelli Ruger from Hiland’s Cigars in Phoenix, Arizona with 6mm filter
3. Savinelli Freehand Hand Made Canadian with 9mm filter.
IMG_5858.jpeg

IMG_5857.jpegIMG_5856.jpeg

I would have to say that they are harder for me to clench except for the Ruger. I prefer a saddle stem.

One of the members on here sold a black sandblast Canadian that weighed 26 grams. I would have loved to get that but I was too late.

I did have a green Savinelli Alligator that I dropped after its first smoke and broke the shank. Man, that was a bummer.

I don’t know if I would consider the fragility a con because I don’t want to drop any of my pipes.

I consider having to get longer pipe cleaners for longer shanked Canadians a con though. Luckily, mine work with regular pipe cleaners.

The long shank I consider a pro.
I love the idea of the smoke coming into contact with more briar.

I have always thought that the block of briar must be large for making a Canadian and I like that, too.

Reactions: brian64

towhee89

Might Stick Around
Sep 28, 2021
Morganton, North Carolina
I don't think Altinay designates a specific model that they reproduce. They just occasionally have Canadians on their site. I'm sure they could make one for you if they don't have any currently on display. @Said.ALTINAY is frequently here on the forum.

Altinay usually has a number of shapes and styles that you don't normally see elsewhere. Canadian meers seem to be kind of rare for some reason.

Thanks a ton. Yeah they do seem more rare which is why I was taken by yours.

AroEnglish

Rehabilitant
Jan 7, 2020
PMF Recovery Center
I think it is a myth that a long shank does contribute to a noticeable cooler smoke. But I could imagine that it does have some advantages considering moisture, since there is more space for the moisture to spread instead of collecting at one spot, which may lead to the infamous gurgling. But all this is speculation and maybe more important: The Canadian is a great looking, classic shape.

dsc_6016-jpg.43360
Is this a Castello 33?