PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

josephcross

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
I'm very much game to get this going. Let's see what Jim wants to do and then we proceed!

paddypiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 20, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Just a suggestion in regards to having trusted people involved in a new box pass why not have everyone send something to put in the box from the start and they are the ones involved in the group that it get passed around in. Then everyone involved would have a stake in the box to begin with rather than getting the box before adding anything.

Not that my opinion really matters because I'm still new to the forums, it's just a way I've seen it done before.

josephcross

Dec 30, 2015
Agree Paddy! I think we are waiting on Jim(Jkrug), and seeing if he wants to facilitate this endeavour again. It's unfortunate that Benn88 is unwell and the box is presumably gone at this point. I think we need to tally up who wants to chip in and go from there. I don't mind helping the start of a new box in the meantime.

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
Hello, I have not heard back from Jim, which no doubt means he has hit a busy patch. I will send my handful of samples out to Josephcross (if you are ok with that?) If people can express a willingness to donate, then do we just keep forwarding it on to said members so the box gets back up to a decent level of variety again? It would at least be something moving around country again.
Isaac

josephcross

Dec 30, 2015
Mortonbriar you are welcome to send me the samples, as well as anyone else who has anything to contribute. Well set up the new pass the same as it was, and for now keep the guidelines Jim has set up. Anyone who was on the pass already drop me a line and we'll get this thing going!

tonywiebe33

Lurker
Jul 28, 2016
Dang makes me happy to see this getting started back up again. :D
Josephcross, just pm'd you regarding sending samples.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Hi guys....hope everyone is doing well. Been a while for sure!
As luck would have it I just received the box back from ben88. Seems he was going through a "rough spell" but is back on his feet now and was able to ship the box back to me. :clap:
I am away starting tomorrow and will be back Monday night. Give me a couple days after that to go through the box and take stock of it's contents and we can get the show back on the road. :D
Please let me know here in the thread who is still interested in participating (or by pm) and if there is any new participants that want on board please pm me your info. Also please let me know if there has been any changes to your contact information and I will update the list. Thanks.
I'm thinking I'll start a new pass thread once we get all our ducks in a row.
Cheers and chat soon, Jim :puffy:

fmgee

Sep 26, 2014
Great to hear from you Jim and nice to hear ben88 is getting back on his feet. I will not be part of the new box pass as I don't need more excuses to buy more tobacco. I certainly encourage others to give it a go though as there was a ton of things to try in the box and it was a great experience.

josephcross

Dec 30, 2015
Awesome! I'm still game, I have a bunch of stuff that I've been sampling from Mortonbriar, and have a stack of stuff to contribute as well.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Jim, glad to hear you got in touch with Ben88. I was really starting to worry. I try and keep in touch with him and the last email I had from him back before Christmas was that he was very sick. I think he had a very serious bout of phenomena. I know what that can be like and I hope he has a full and complete recovery.

Chris in RD AB

sw0snuff3r

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2014
Hi guys, good to see the box is back in business and ben88 is doing better. What a wonderful way to try some new stuff. I'm getting out now as I've settled on a couple mainstay tobaccos and have stopped buying pipes. My bank account thanks me :) Best of luck!

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Watching from the US, hoping you post up pictures of the current box you have going at this time. I use to be the Admin of the Box Pass years ago on this forum. I recently rejoined the forum only to find that they don't do it anymore. I thoroughly enjoy sampling everything.

josephcross

Dec 30, 2015
The box has been on hiatus. Though I am curious if the box made it to Jkrug, and if it's officially moving again.

Status
Not open for further replies.