PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
You can glue it, but it won't last. IF you band or wrap it, it will have a longer life, but may not look aesthetically pleasing. You can wrap the repair with thread, like a fishing rod ferrule, then cover in epoxy.
Me, I'd bin that one versus an awful looking repair.

Reactions: dcon

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Now we don’t want that...maybe leather patches on the cardy?
Already got 'em. Two on each arm. When I fall asleep and the pipe falls from my clench, the fastener catches on the button holes or near there. But I lined the front of the cardy with asbestos, so I am somewhat safe.

• Haha
Reactions: Ahi Ka

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
This old mistreated Ben Wade deserved a second shot at life. Bought it for $10. I reassembled the pieces into a ring and epoxied them while holding fast with a paper ring or with sewing string wrapped many time 'round. Then taped over the logo with carpenters tape and very very carefully sanded the epoxy smooth with the wood. It's going to need a replacement stem. My briar has stain issues due to the rusty metal plumbing fitment that the previous owner had used as a "band". From your perspective you might consider simply epoxying the stem in there as well, just to guarantee it doesn't break the juncture from use. However I have a John Bessai that I repaired that looks great, you can't even see the fracture, and has lasted years. Obviously I handle it with care.

IMG_20200511_173834.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.