PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

josephcross

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
Is there a reason you want to leave? I really enjoyed the Dunhill pics you put up.

forciori

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 29, 2019
Brasil
pipedia.org
But some people don't like it, and they don't miss a chance to say that. I don't have time to lose with people who just disqualify others.

I really appreciate your consideration, but I'm out. Thank you so much!

• Sad
Reactions: PipeIT
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
There's nothing you can ever do to please everyone. Seems to me you are delighting a lot of people with your posts and your excellent photography. If I left every site where someone didn't like me or my posts, I may as well just throw my computer away and cancel my internet service.
You seem to be a very sensitive person, just like me, but do most of us a favor, suck it up and hang around.

rmpeeps

Lifer
Oct 17, 2017
San Antonio, TX
I’m in the “please stay” camp.

Your posts have been thoughtful, and the pipes and photos have been outstanding.

Please keep them coming.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I’m in the “please stay” camp.

Your posts have been thoughtful, and the pipes and photos have been outstanding.

Please keep them coming.
+1

forciori

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 29, 2019
Brasil
pipedia.org
But what's the point of that, Dave?

If I can't participate, why should I stay?

An unpleasant person is enough to contaminate an entire environment.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
It's also important to not take things too seriously or too personally with this type of communication.
Misunderstandings occur easily and often...and you have to be careful not to assume ill intent when that may not be the case at all.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
If I can't participate, why should I stay?

An unpleasant person is enough to contaminate an entire environment.
You can't step into a grocery store, a restaurant, a library, a tobacco store ... or anywhere else without being within 30 feet of unpleasant people. So what does one do, isolate themselves from the minions of good people because of a few bad ones?
I certainly don't think this site is contaminated in the least. Not even close. As web sites go, this one is extremely friendly, docile and non confrontational. But hey, if it makes you that uncomfortable, do as your heart leads you to act. And best of luck to you regardless of your decision.

josephcross

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
Dont let one apple, (or two or three) spoil the bunch. Best of luck to whatever you decide.

rmpeeps

Lifer
Oct 17, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Hang around, lurk, post your best stuff, and let the cards fall where they may.

This is one of the best forums in the world. Take your place.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Perhaps you misunderstand the nature of a forum. It is a place to discuss. And that includes dissent. It is not just a place to come for confirmation and ego-stroking, although you have certainly received your share of that. But if, in the end, you simply can not engage in honest conversation, you can simply walk away. Posting that you want to leave, elaborating about how your feelings have been hurt, criticizing the dissenters with ad hominems, soliciting “please stay, you are wonderful” replies, is all very unbecoming. And a violation of forum rules.
I have read all of your threads, and have not found any malicious replies, just honest, well supported criticism by well informed folks that, for the most part, furthers the conversation.
Engage, or move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.