PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 11, 2020
Southern Illinois
This was absolutely the case for me: “what will he try” happened at least once a week. It began with simple dishes that may freak an American out, like chicken feet and pig tails, moving up to other animal tails and faces and organs and raw things I couldn’t identify, and ended up in the realm of odd fermented things and either young or very old... things.

To be honest, I think some of the more alarming meals I experienced were vegetable/starch dishes and broths. One meal in particular stands out, where it was some sort of soaked vegetable dish with mushrooms and unidentified seafood, all fermented for a very long in some sort other sort of animal. It tasted like rotting meat cooked in an old gym shoe, and I took a couple bites before my hosts smiled and laughed and took the dish away. I guess no one really ate that anymore, and they then served some amazing dumplings. I don’t know what was in those, but it remains one of the best meals I’ve ever eaten.
It depends on what part of America I grew up in the south we had chicken feet, pickled pigs feet, chitilings, head cheese and all kinds of food to make most cringe

Reactions: JOHN72 and Reggie
if you really think about what it is, cheese should be about the moist disgusting thing we eat. Ruined milk fat treated with the animal's stomach bacteria. That, to me, is way more disgusting than eating a dog or cat.

So, since this thread, I have been trying to figure out how to get some camel meat. Sure, sure, it may be a cheap thing in countries that have camels just walking around like squirrels, but here, it requires planning. And, I, having a tendencies more towards fresh meat, can't just buy some on Amazon and have a frozen steak mailed to me. But, there tend to be laws against just ordering a camel. And, I am pretty sure the zoo isn't going to talk to me anymore after the chimpanzee thing a few years ago. A buddy of mine that imports shells has the hook up for me at the USDA-APHIS, but they tend to want to check up on imported animals, and shipping costs... JEEESH!
So, I need a baby camel, and I'll just raise it till it's a yearling. If the government shows up, "whoops, freak boating accident." It's going to be expensive, so maybe someone would go in with me on costs? What do camels eat... sand and cactus? I supposed me don't have to worry about water. Will I need to keep it in a heated barn year round? Sunlamp?

Hmmm, maybe I'll check out animal rental places. I found one a few years ago... I mentioned the chimp thing already. Sometimes you just need a few chimpanzees, no questions asked. puffy
By the way, they don't taste anything like chicken.

Mar 11, 2020
Southern Illinois
if you really think about what it is, cheese should be about the moist disgusting thing we eat. Ruined milk fat treated with the animal's stomach bacteria. That, to me, is way more disgusting than eating a dog or cat.

So, since this thread, I have been trying to figure out how to get some camel meat. Sure, sure, it may be a cheap thing in countries that have camels just walking around like squirrels, but here, it requires planning. And, I, having a tendencies more towards fresh meat, can't just buy some on Amazon and have a frozen steak mailed to me. But, there tend to be laws against just ordering a camel. And, I am pretty sure the zoo isn't going to talk to me anymore after the chimpanzee thing a few years ago. A buddy of mine that imports shells has the hook up for me at the USDA-APHIS, but they tend to want to check up on imported animals, and shipping costs... JEEESH!
So, I need a baby camel, and I'll just raise it till it's a yearling. If the government shows up, "whoops, freak boating accident." It's going to be expensive, so maybe someone would go in with me on costs? What do camels eat... sand and cactus? I supposed me don't have to worry about water. Will I need to keep it in a heated barn year round? Sunlamp?

Hmmm, maybe I'll check out animal rental places. I found one a few years ago... I mentioned the chimp thing already. Sometimes you just need a few chimpanzees, no questions asked. puffy
By the way, they don't taste anything like chicken.
there are a few places online to buy "exotic" meats. they are alittle high priced but if you wanna splurge its out there

Status
Not open for further replies.